By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Wii owner is NOT going to buy MADWORLD?

No. Guts and gore don't amuse me anymore. Besides, even if they did, Ninja Gaiden II covers all my needs in that area. 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
Resident_Hazard said:
I'm very much planning on getting despite the dreadful rumors of it's Hip-Hop soundtrack. *shudder*

I'm downright shocked at how many people on here are dismissing the game based either on it's violence or their lack of knowledge on it. Christ, one guy called it a "fighting game." Talk about being uninformed.

Brief overview:

--It's made by Platinum Games, a company founded by people who artfully crafted Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Dino Crisis, and parts of the Resident Evil series (including part 4).
--It's story is somewhat similar to that of the Stephen King novel/80's Swartzenegger action flick Running Man, but bizarrely involving "terrorists" that force you to have to fight and kill to survive a futuristic, evil game show.
--It has countless ways to mix up the control and be inventive, and appears to encourage creative gameplay--creative in that it revolves around over-the-top humerous ways of killing people.
--The relation to No More Heroes is off-base, in my opinion. The only things it has in common with that are violence and cel-shading. Frankly, from what I've picked up from trailers and articles, it's overall personality is more in-line with that of Viewtiful Joe.
--It will be humerous.
--It will feature over-the-top violence and gore in a cel-shaded, comic book style with a focus on humor.
--It will feature a large adventure and individual challenges (read: minigames).
Standard/default weapon is a chainsaw.
--There will be environmental executions and other hazards.
--It will have, from my understanding, an exclusively made hip-hop soundtrack--but I forget the name of the guy doing it. He's supposedly a nerd/gamer, but I loathe hip-hop/rap/pop and this is the one thing I'm not looking forward to.
--Intended to be lighthearted (in a black comedy kind of way) and humerous--which may remind people of No More Heroes, but has reminded me a bit more of Viewtiful Joe.
--Boss battles top off every stage/level/area.
--Online, multiplayer, game length generally unknown.
--Release in "violence sensitive" European markets considered unlikely at this point--so far, the game is focused toward a North American audience and release, and then a potential Japanese release. European guys looking forward to this may be importing it.

I'm very much looking forward to this, The Conduit, and House of the Dead: Overkill--but will miss all of them due to deployment to Iraq. I'll have my wife pick them up for me in anticipation of my return home in 2010.

Are you sure about online?  I havn't heard that.  Got a link?

You commented on a sentence you actually didn't finish reading. How did you do that?

I'm not in to black and white games.

Resident_Hazard said:
Gamerace said:

You commented on a sentence you actually didn't finish reading. How did you do that?

$#!% When I first read it, I mentally split the 'online multiplayer' from 'length unknown' and didn't read it as one statement.   But now I've read it again I feel slightly retarded. 

Gamerace said:
Resident_Hazard said:
Gamerace said:

$#!% When I first read it, I mentally split the 'online multiplayer' from 'length unknown' and didn't read it as one statement.   But now I've read it again I feel slightly retarded. 

Ha ha--I figured it was something like that. I just wanted to rub it in a little. My intention was to give a run-down on the the known facts about the game--those three points remain unknown.  Companies are finally stepping up with online content of some sort on the Wii, would be nice if MadWorld had something.

Around the Network
Valkyria00 said:

Id just like to know.

Of course Id understand if these kind of violent games arent your thing you wouldnt but what about all of you people starving for something mature or "hardcore" if you will.

Why will you not support this game?

I'm not. It's become apparent to me that I don't enjoy most of what "hardcore" gamers enjoy on consoles. The last single player game I purchased was MGS4, and I was completely bored by it. I doubt Mad World will change my mind.

I will definitely be buying Wii Sports Resort and Let's Tap! though. Other than that, I'll be playing L4D and WotLK throughout next year.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

if it's good, i'll buy it. simple as that.

Resident_Hazard said:
I'm very much planning on getting despite the dreadful rumors of it's Hip-Hop soundtrack. *shudder*

Oh, a hip-hop soundtrack?  Count me out then.  Ugh.

Don't like the style, and I haven't seen anything about it that appeals to me.... I am however buying the Conduit... So I'll be supporting HVS and Sega... Not PG and Sega...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Resident_Hazard said:

Boo hoo. What exactly is wrong with hip-hop? Until we have a track listing i wouldn't make assumptions about how good the soundtrack will be.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka