By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Wii owner is NOT going to buy MADWORLD?

Really depends on the quality of the game, but since the makers of Okami make it it should be great.

Still I'll have games that are a lot higher on my Wii priority list, like House of the Dead, Little King's Story, Arc Rise Fantasia, Tales of Symphonia 2, Cursed Mountain and the Conduit. Still I'll probably buy it.

And Resident Evil 5 will surely steal loads of my time...

Around the Network

mayb, think is isnt sin&punishment2 releasing at around the same time?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

You can add me to the list of Wii owners who will definitely be picking this up. Everytime I hear/read something about it I get more and more excited. haha.

It's au contraire, stof (I always thought all Canadians grow up bilingually. There goes another myth).

OT: I won't ever buy Madworld, not interested at all. Same goes for The Conduit.

I'm going to get MadWorld. It's going to be part of my Gaming After Dark collection. Games I play after the kids have gone to bed.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

I'm not... don't really like fighting games..

I might rent to see if its any good. Definitely different. If it puts fun into the game, then it'll get my cash

Unless it's a good game I won't be getting it.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

I'm very much planning on getting despite the dreadful rumors of it's Hip-Hop soundtrack. *shudder*

I'm downright shocked at how many people on here are dismissing the game based either on it's violence or their lack of knowledge on it. Christ, one guy called it a "fighting game." Talk about being uninformed.

Brief overview:

--It's made by Platinum Games, a company founded by people who artfully crafted Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Dino Crisis, and parts of the Resident Evil series (including part 4).
--It's story is somewhat similar to that of the Stephen King novel/80's Swartzenegger action flick Running Man, but bizarrely involving "terrorists" that force you to have to fight and kill to survive a futuristic, evil game show.
--It has countless ways to mix up the control and be inventive, and appears to encourage creative gameplay--creative in that it revolves around over-the-top humerous ways of killing people.
--The relation to No More Heroes is off-base, in my opinion. The only things it has in common with that are violence and cel-shading. Frankly, from what I've picked up from trailers and articles, it's overall personality is more in-line with that of Viewtiful Joe.
--It will be humerous.
--It will feature over-the-top violence and gore in a cel-shaded, comic book style with a focus on humor.
--It will feature a large adventure and individual challenges (read: minigames).
Standard/default weapon is a chainsaw.
--There will be environmental executions and other hazards.
--It will have, from my understanding, an exclusively made hip-hop soundtrack--but I forget the name of the guy doing it. He's supposedly a nerd/gamer, but I loathe hip-hop/rap/pop and this is the one thing I'm not looking forward to.
--Intended to be lighthearted (in a black comedy kind of way) and humerous--which may remind people of No More Heroes, but has reminded me a bit more of Viewtiful Joe.
--Boss battles top off every stage/level/area.
--Online, multiplayer, game length generally unknown.
--Release in "violence sensitive" European markets considered unlikely at this point--so far, the game is focused toward a North American audience and release, and then a potential Japanese release. European guys looking forward to this may be importing it.

I'm very much looking forward to this, The Conduit, and House of the Dead: Overkill--but will miss all of them due to deployment to Iraq. I'll have my wife pick them up for me in anticipation of my return home in 2010.

Resident_Hazard said:
I'm very much planning on getting despite the dreadful rumors of it's Hip-Hop soundtrack. *shudder*

I'm downright shocked at how many people on here are dismissing the game based either on it's violence or their lack of knowledge on it. Christ, one guy called it a "fighting game." Talk about being uninformed.

Brief overview:

--It's made by Platinum Games, a company founded by people who artfully crafted Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Dino Crisis, and parts of the Resident Evil series (including part 4).
--It's story is somewhat similar to that of the Stephen King novel/80's Swartzenegger action flick Running Man, but bizarrely involving "terrorists" that force you to have to fight and kill to survive a futuristic, evil game show.
--It has countless ways to mix up the control and be inventive, and appears to encourage creative gameplay--creative in that it revolves around over-the-top humerous ways of killing people.
--The relation to No More Heroes is off-base, in my opinion. The only things it has in common with that are violence and cel-shading. Frankly, from what I've picked up from trailers and articles, it's overall personality is more in-line with that of Viewtiful Joe.
--It will be humerous.
--It will feature over-the-top violence and gore in a cel-shaded, comic book style with a focus on humor.
--It will feature a large adventure and individual challenges (read: minigames).
Standard/default weapon is a chainsaw.
--There will be environmental executions and other hazards.
--It will have, from my understanding, an exclusively made hip-hop soundtrack--but I forget the name of the guy doing it. He's supposedly a nerd/gamer, but I loathe hip-hop/rap/pop and this is the one thing I'm not looking forward to.
--Intended to be lighthearted (in a black comedy kind of way) and humerous--which may remind people of No More Heroes, but has reminded me a bit more of Viewtiful Joe.
--Boss battles top off every stage/level/area.
--Online, multiplayer, game length generally unknown.
--Release in "violence sensitive" European markets considered unlikely at this point--so far, the game is focused toward a North American audience and release, and then a potential Japanese release. European guys looking forward to this may be importing it.

I'm very much looking forward to this, The Conduit, and House of the Dead: Overkill--but will miss all of them due to deployment to Iraq. I'll have my wife pick them up for me in anticipation of my return home in 2010.

Are you sure about online?  I havn't heard that.  Got a link?