By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Wii owner is NOT going to buy MADWORLD?

i read a preview which said the game was very repetive and not that much fun.
i wait and see. i'm only buying good games. not for the sake of violence.

Around the Network

The producer is the former CEO of Clover Studios. These ae the guys behind Viewtiful Joe, Okami, and God Hand.

That should end all discussion and put you in your ca and on your way to place a preorder. These people are masters of the craft, and their senses of humor are going to make this game awesome. The violence is just one aspect of that humor.

Seriously, anyone who doesn't want to beat up "Herr Frederick von Twirlenkiller" needs to reconsider how they play games.

It depends. If it's like GTA, then no.

I hate GTA.

If not, then probably yes.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I won't be buying it, my Wii is in the family room. :P

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

i can't wait its going to be awsome i mean look at it it looks just like a manga and with all that blood wicked. 2009 best year of the wii alot of kool games are koming out

Around the Network

I might not buy it because the violence may be over the top, judging from one of those previews...

Certain bits of Kill Bill put me on edge but Madworld just makes me sick...

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

I'm a big fan of No more heroes and Manhunt 2. I'm sorry but violent games really do appeal to me. The same way most of you like a horror movie because your hoping to see something that shocks your or horrifies you. The same reason I'm getting Madworld is because the art style is very interesting and unique. Also that I really do want to chop somebodies head off with a chainsaw. Getting that feeling like you do when you first played Re4 and you saw Leon's head slide off for the first time. I really hope I can replicate an experience similar to that.

If the game is good, I'll get it. If the game is poor, I won't get it. That's kinda my checklist.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

epsilon72 said:
ameratsu said:
Resident_Hazard said:
I'm very much planning on getting despite the dreadful rumors of it's Hip-Hop soundtrack. *shudder*

Boo hoo. What exactly is wrong with hip-hop? Until we have a track listing i wouldn't make assumptions about how good the soundtrack will be.

What's wrong with it?  For me it makes me want to vommit and bang my head against the wall

Hip-Hop and all forms of "popular music" (or contemporary music) do not add atmosphere.  More often than not, they do little more than "date" whatever they appear in, locking them into a time and place, and often degrading the product over time.  Look at any movie from the past, 50's, 60's, 70's or 80's (especially those last two) that uses the "music of the time."  No matter what the movie is, that music never offers anything positive to the experience.  Oftentimes, the music is laughable and ridiculous.  Imagine if Star Wars had just followed suit of every other Hollywood calamity of the 70's and used then-popular Disco/synthesizer crap.  The series wouldn't be as popular as it is today.  The music has withstood the test of time.  Look at Logan's Run, released a year before Star Wars, the music is that pop-synth type crap.  The movie feels dated, ridiculous--and the poor special effects alone aren't accomplishing that, the music is also largely to blame.

Pop/Contemporary music is not appropriate in 99% of it's uses in movies or video games.  Burnout Revenge's worst feature is it's use of revolting Pop-Punk.  Don't get me started on that trite.  Punk should never, ever be Pop.  More so than Metal, Punk was always the anti-Pop

Without the option to shut off the music in True Crime: Streets of LA, the game would've been damn near unplayable.

Look at every movie from the 80's using that dreadful Glam/Hair Metal (as if any of that stuff is actually Metal in any regard), and how we deride them.  They're ridiculous.  The music is either wildly inappropriate or way off base.  In music-themed horror flick Trick or Treat featured the worst possible kind of "music" in it's presentation. 

I do consider Hip-Hop/Rap to be the worst offender, though.  It's not melodic, it's not atmospheric, it's not moody, it has no real feeling--in large part because it's not really music.  All too often, it's samples from real music, a thick bass beat, and some jackass speaking extremely quickly, sometimes with rhythm.  That is not music.  Music requires more than a mixing board and a damn microphone.  A lot more.  Making fart sounds with your mouth is no way to keep a beat or make a tune.  The only time--ever--that I was accepting of a Rap soundtrack was with Office Space, because it was used humerously and used well.  Luckily, the movie wasn't intent on being deep or atmospheric.  It's hard not to laugh when three guys are dramatically beating up on a copy machine while some dreadful rapper belts out "DIE MOTHERFUCKER, DIE MOTHERFUCKER, DIE!!!"

Shadowblind said:
NJ5 said:

Resident_Hazard said:

(...)

--Release in "violence sensitive" European markets considered unlikely at this point--so far, the game is focused toward a North American audience and release, and then a potential Japanese release. European guys looking forward to this may be importing it.

Actually it's the other way around. The website states there might not be a Japanese release due to the violent content, but Europe even already has a release date:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/wii/mad_world_9147.html

As far as I know there's only one European country where games are often censored, and that's Germany.

If they released Ninja Gaiden 2 in Japan, I find it hard to believe they won't release anything because of violence. We'll see I guess.

I hadn't heard that Europe was actually now planning to get MadWorld. New news to me. Last I'd heard, it was still targeted just for North America--Japan and Europe were both considered "unlikely." 

If it gets the "OK" in Australia, it'll be released everywhere.  That's the only place that bans more games than Germany.

Funny side note, Saudia Arabia banned Pokemon for "being a tool of Zionist propaganda."  Not kidding.  Wikipedia it.