By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Wii owner is NOT going to buy MADWORLD?

Gnizmo said:
nordlead said: 

I didn't pass up on the absolute best Wii Game (Fire Emblem) and that did just fine without any blood at all.

For what its worth, the "gore" in No More Heroes is really not close to a selling point. It is used more as comic relief than anything else. Don't let the one part stop you from at least trying the game. Of course it is worth noting that the game is massively over-hyped on these forums.

With the combination of

1) I don't care for the gore
2) My wife REALLY doesn't like the gore
3) There are a lot better games that I still haven't played (like Valkyria Chronicles)

I will probably never pick the game up.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

I don't think I could stomach it; but then again, I feel morally obligated to support the creators of Okami, so maybe.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
nordlead said:
Gnizmo said:
nordlead said: 

I didn't pass up on the absolute best Wii Game (Fire Emblem) and that did just fine without any blood at all.

For what its worth, the "gore" in No More Heroes is really not close to a selling point. It is used more as comic relief than anything else. Don't let the one part stop you from at least trying the game. Of course it is worth noting that the game is massively over-hyped on these forums.

With the combination of

1) I don't care for the gore
2) My wife REALLY doesn't like the gore
3) There are a lot better games that I still haven't played (like Valkyria Chronicles)

I will probably never pick the game up.

ooo....you should get on that (VC).  It's quite fantastic.

Not planning on getting it. I loved NMH and I'll get the sequel to that, it's not about the violence.
Both are stylish, but Madworld's style just doesn't appeal to me, and I have the feeling I won't like the characters.

Since im not 18 not me.

Around the Network

Who won't buy Madworld? Like 95 % of Wii owners? I don't think it'll do that well tbh. Maybe no as bad as Okami, but not expecting anything special.

I really dont like violent games so is a not buy for me

Eh, I don't like the artstyle and the senseless violence. I don't see why you need to grab someone's heart out of the chest or anything. I'm going to get the conduit cause I think it looks like a good fps, but this just seems like violence for its own sake.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

*raises hand* I do. *covers himself*

I am sorry. I am glad that are companies that are taking risks with the wii, specially after seeing how apathetic are 3d companies with the wii...but so far I have just seen stupid nonsense violence with a very stylized graphic. I think is immature and stupid to the most. I can't imagine what kind of story can work with that.

And I am not against graphic violence on videogames (Resident evils, House of the deads, Doom and even some Mortal Kombat games I do like a lot) but Madworld seems very very VERY retarded.

I better pick House of the dead overkill.

I will not be buying it, mostly because of the excessive profanity. I just do not want to play games with constant cussing. That is why I have always stuck with Nintendo in the first place.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com