By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Wii owner is NOT going to buy MADWORLD?

CDiablo said:
Answer:99% of all wii owners

So 396,000? Not too shabby.

Around the Network

Madworld is radically niche. They're going to have to play up its sense of humor and gameplay in the advertising if they hope for it to sell well.

Here's hoping it's like No More Heroes but with gameplay as well-constructed as God Hand.

The game won't bomb, and I'm going to buy it, but I'm going to be shocked if it breaks a million.

nordlead said:
Voltaire said:
Oh i soo called that :P

The story is supposed to be great, i mean cmon, this is from the guys that made Okami, RE4, and Veiwtful Joe!

You can have a great game with great story without being excecivly violent.

Okami was ok, I'm sure RE4 was good, but I'm not into games with excesive blood and guts.

A WW2 shooter has a point to the blood, and doesn't have fountains of it. No More Heroes didn't need the bood, but did have fountains of it. There is a pretty big difference.

So you're passing up on one of the best games on the Wii (No More Heroes) because it's bloody? That doesn't seem much different than people that only get the bloody games.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I'll get it. It seems like a mindless killing game, which, well, I haven't played since GTA Vice City.

stof said:
nordlead said:

Okami was ok, I'm sure RE4 was good, but I'm not into games with excesive blood and guts.

A WW2 shooter has a point to the blood, and doesn't have fountains of it. No More Heroes didn't need the bood, but did have fountains of it. There is a pretty big difference.

So you're passing up on one of the best games on the Wii (No More Heroes) because it's bloody? That doesn't seem much different than people that only get the bloody games.

As for Madworld. It looks like it's got a great style and will be a highly polished game, but I'll wait till we know how it plays to decide whether I want it or not.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

I'm not. I haven't bought a game for the Wii since Smash Brothers.

stof said:
stof said:
nordlead said:

As for Madworld. It looks like it's got a great style and will be a highly polished game, but I'll wait till we know how it plays to decide whether I want it or not.

I didn't pass up on the absolute best Wii Game (Fire Emblem) and that did just fine without any blood at all.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Me, although If the game gets great reviews I'd take it into consideration. If I then hear a lot of great news about this game from users on gaming websites then I might get it.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

nordlead said: 

I didn't pass up on the absolute best Wii Game (Fire Emblem) and that did just fine without any blood at all.

For what its worth, the "gore" in No More Heroes is really not close to a selling point. It is used more as comic relief than anything else. Don't let the one part stop you from at least trying the game. Of course it is worth noting that the game is massively over-hyped on these forums.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I currently have no plans to get it. I know next to nothing about it though, other than it's that black and white comic strip-looking game.