Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Price cut to $300 by March

They need to do this, and they will sell imo:

160gb bundle with Uncharted= $399
80GB bundle with Littlebigplanet=$299
80gb stand alone =$279.99

mM
Around the Network

@stonj

I was wondering something similar. If this rumor is supposedly true, it would mean either a drastically redesigned and gutted model or some extreme profit losses on the 80GB model.

"via the usual 'anonymous leaks' –"

Sad.....

4 ≈ One

Ballin'

This is what I want to hear. Its great they finally decided to do a price cut. I said before a price-cut is a good step for Sony in 2009. I also heard they are working on making huge improvements on the Playstation Network for 2009.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

Uh, won't they lose a shitload of money? T_T;

People, could we please stop holding this as fact until an official statement comes out? There has been a burst of rumors today all spawning from the same source. One poster had a link to an official Sony press release that outright denied this rumor's validity. Of course they will do a price cut, but as of right now, they have not officially announce when, or how much.

Now, speculating:
If the rumor holds true and the PS3 sees a $100 price cut, how will Sony do this? Take out the onboard Wi-Fi and lower the hard drive to 40GB? It's either that or Sony starts taking another $150+ loss per PS3 sold, which is not exactly a solution to their problem.

I bet when the PS3 hits the magic $300 mark, some folks are still gonna say "it's too expensive".

Hmmm...right now, it looks like ps3 needs it to keep pace. Home has been pushed THAT far out? I have to wonde rat the cost for life cycle support of the system. It's kinda comparative to WoW in the possible number of people on the system, but whereas WoW has different server, is Home supposed to be one server environment like Eve?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

PS4Life said:

Looks like the rumors were TRUE!! The PS3 is getting a price cut Feb. 11th of 09! As discussed in the article linked below, one of the head designers of 'Home' has hinted of a "new SKU that will be priced in the '$300' range to be released in parallel with Home's official launch." http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/ps3-price-drop-planned-for-easter-09-487901 The price cut sound great for the PS3 in 2009, but even better, we have a launch date for Home!!!!

So Easter is in February now? Ah...I see.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo