By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OTHERS NUMBERS IN : huge hurting on ps3

its selling at the same rate it was before they posted the other in recently.

Around the Network
ctk495 said:

Though it's kinda unfair anybody else gets the feeling that this was the road to fame and that nintendo "sold out" to the casuals to be able to achieve this just like a small band will sold out and change their sound to be able to make it big it's not that it's wrong but I'm just saying. I love nintendo the good think is that they'll still making core games for the wii.

PS:I like microsoft I hope they end up on 2nd place.

To be fair, it could be argued that Nintendo's fans sold out on them first. Starting around the N64 days, their audience has done nothing but diminish until they finally had enough and decided to court a different market. Business is business.

Great sales for 360 — with America looming and TLR bundling in Japan, they have an outside chance of outselling the PS3 by 200K worldwide this week.

LEFT 4 DEAD - November 17th

Looks like the low price doing a good job for 360 sales.

Play my LittleBigLove level: search keywords "LittleBigLove realil"

LJ (Russian): http://realill.livejournal.com

thank russia for the boost.

If Sony counters with a price cut in March, what then? Are we back to where we were with the PS3 gaining ground on the 360 during 2009-2010 or will the 360 pick up enough momentum this holiday that it can't be caught?

It would be interesting if Microsoft were to watch for the PS3 price drop and see how things progress -- give Sony 6 months or so to gain ground, then introduce a "slim" 360 with a slide-in drive, built in 120 gig, built in wifi, etc., for $199.00 going into the holidays of 2009. That would put the 360 soundly cheaper than the PS3 for enough time to ride out the end of the generation with a comfortable lead before the next iteration is released... Can MS have a slim ready for Christmas 2009 at $199? If they did, and it had built in wifi, I'd buy another 360 on the spot...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
kn said:
If Sony counters with a price cut in March, what then? Are we back to where we were with the PS3 gaining ground on the 360 during 2009-2010 or will the 360 pick up enough momentum this holiday that it can't be caught?

It would be interesting if Microsoft were to watch for the PS3 price drop and see how things progress -- give Sony 6 months or so to gain ground, then introduce a "slim" 360 with a slide-in drive, built in 120 gig, built in wifi, etc., for $199.00 going into the holidays of 2009. That would put the 360 soundly cheaper than the PS3 for enough time to ride out the end of the generation with a comfortable lead before the next iteration is released... Can MS have a slim ready for Christmas 2009 at $199? If they did, and it had built in wifi, I'd buy another 360 on the spot...

thing is, sony is doing a price cut at a relatively bad time.  It would be much more effective if they instituted a price cut at the xmas season.  There production costs forecasts might not appropriately align with this however.

WOW huge 360 boost .. yes great :) .... but is it because of the new dashboard & avatars ?

kn said:

If Microsoft introduces a slim next year, then I think Sony will end up third this gen.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I doubt Russia even has the XBox 360 install base, which can be compared to Others weekly sales. PC is dominating the market, since PC game disks are officialy sold for 10$ here and can be easily downloaded :) .

ZenfoldorVGI Sony introduce price cut in march, at least there are strong rumors about it ;). Before XBox 360 had price cut it was dominated by PS3.

Play my LittleBigLove level: search keywords "LittleBigLove realil"

LJ (Russian): http://realill.livejournal.com

realill said:

I doubt Russia even has the XBox 360 install base, which can be compared to Others weekly sales. PC is dominating the market, since PC game disks are officialy sold for 10$ here and can be easily downloaded :) .

ZenfoldorVGI Sony introduce price cut in march, at least there are strong rumors about it ;). Before XBox 360 price cut it was dominated by PS3.

Such desperation..  ;)

It wasn't dominated, just barely getting by. How is it that the last 6 weeks of the year the 360 will make back all the gain the PS3 had on it, and most likely take '08?

Ouch, I can taste those tears.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*