By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OTHERS NUMBERS IN : huge hurting on ps3

At the end of the day what this shows me is that games don't really matter in the big scheme of things because the PS3 has the second best game lineup on the market and the best exclusives of the three consoles, but it is getting decimated as far as sales go. So, what accounts for how well Nintendo and Microsoft are doing? Memes. They both managed to build really good pr for themselves, something that Sony did the last two gens, but somewhere along the way they allowed themselves to slip up on. The popularity of the Halo games was a part of it and perhaps the cyclical nature of things that dictates that roughly every twenty years the things that were popular twenty years ago will have a resurgence in popularity once again was another part (Something that is often seen in many spheres of the media -- the resurgence of popularity of fities music in the eighties and in seventies music in the nineties for example and of eighties music and now eighties types of games in this decade -- many facets of the 360 are like those of a post modern 2600 see the arcade games and the Wii is the rebirth of the NES).

So where does that leave the PS3? If they want to be able to survive, they're going to have a find a way to get that pr spark back and some good memes flowing from their brand (or take themselves out of the industry, perfect battery powered cars and robotic dogs and then bring a new game console to the market in 2015).

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
SpartanFX said:
@dallinor

it's called tears of war ad lol

it's romantic rather than mean and brutal (like the gears i know and love to play)

Indeed, it's an attempt to showcase a depth or profundity to the game that doesn't really exist. Much like the "epicness" of the Halo 3 advertisments.

Thus you basically stated you have never played Gears 2.  It has at least 4 times more depth then the original, and one of the few games I got close to crying when a character died. Try at least acting like you know what your talking about.

Sorry man, you struck a nerve there.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
Dallinor said:
SpartanFX said:
@dallinor

it's romantic rather than mean and brutal (like the gears i know and love to play)

Indeed, it's an attempt to showcase a depth or profundity to the game that doesn't really exist. Much like the "epicness" of the Halo 3 advertisments.

Thus you basically stated you have never played Gears 2.  It has at least 4 times more depth then the original, and one of the few games I got close to crying when a character died. Try at least acting like you know what your talking about.

damn, wish I never read that...

haven't played the game yet!! oh well ill find out soon...

great xbox 360 number, as i predicted in other thread

this week WW xbox 360 will be at least > 410K, maybe >450K

good job MS

BTFeather55 said:
At the end of the day what this shows me is that games don't really matter in the big scheme of things because the PS3 has the second best game lineup on the market and the best exclusives of the three consoles, but it is getting decimated as far as sales go. So, what accounts for how well Nintendo and Microsoft are doing? Memes. They both managed to build really good pr for themselves, something that Sony did the last two gens, but somewhere along the way they allowed themselves to slip up on. The popularity of the Halo games was a part of it and perhaps the cyclical nature of things that dictates that roughly every twenty years the things that were popular twenty years ago will have a resurgence in popularity once again was another part (Something that is often seen in many spheres of the media -- the resurgence of popularity of fities music in the eighties and in seventies music in the nineties for example and of eighties music and now eighties types of games in this decade -- many facets of the 360 are like those of a post modern 2600 see the arcade games and the Wii is the rebirth of the NES).

So where does that leave the PS3? If they want to be able to survive, they're going to have a find a way to get that pr spark back and some good memes flowing from their brand (or take themselves out of the industry, perfect battery powered cars and robotic dogs and then bring a new game console to the market in 2015).

At the end of the day it is all about games, price, and playing with your friends. The 360 has a line up just as stellar as the ps3. I think you are falling prey to disillusions PR ...

Around the Network
jpain333 said:
Shadowblind said:
Dallinor said:
SpartanFX said:
@dallinor

Don't worry its not a spoiler.

Tease.

AWESOME numbers for Wii and DS, good number for 360

The whole PS family so far behind...
Deep trouble for Sony!...this gen at least.

Wow thats huge. Nintendo has it this gen. Thats almost a week of normal sales in others alone. A million ds's this week?

Squilliam said:
jpain333 said:
Shadowblind said:
Dallinor said:
SpartanFX said:
@dallinor

Don't worry its not a spoiler.

Good, I haven't played it yet either.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |