By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OTHERS NUMBERS IN : huge hurting on ps3

Pristine20 said:
Shadowblind said:
Pristine20 said:
Vanadium2k8 said:

Looks like 360 outsold PS3 in all regions this week. I expect 200k+ lead this week.

And then, 360 will outsell PS3 in YTD, effectively turning 2008 into the year of the 360.

You're sure the 360 won JP?

TLR was released this week. Its almost a given, though this gens been wacky.

I totally forgot about that. We'll see if TLR with all it's glitches can pull through 4 360

S-E made it it's going to sell no matter how bad it is in japan...

Former something....

Around the Network
Blacksaber said:
Pristine20 said:
Shadowblind said:
Pristine20 said:
Vanadium2k8 said:

Looks like 360 outsold PS3 in all regions this week. I expect 200k+ lead this week.

And then, 360 will outsell PS3 in YTD, effectively turning 2008 into the year of the 360.

You're sure the 360 won JP?

TLR was released this week. Its almost a given, though this gens been wacky.

I totally forgot about that. We'll see if TLR with all it's glitches can pull through 4 360

S-E made it it's going to sell no matter how bad it is in japan...

I guess IU wasn't bad enough for them. They're probably just really hurting for traditional JRPGs

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Dallinor said:

I honestly don't understand why the gap between the PS3 and 360 wasn't huge weeks before this.

Anyone living in Europe at the moment will realise that Microsoft are almost rivaling Nintendo at the moment for advertising. Some days I actually see more 360 ads then Wii ads. On the other hand Sony are simply not advertising their system at all.

This massive marketing push is paying off.

If it's mostly the hardcore that buy systems in off-holiday weeks, expect the gap to get even wider between the 360 and PS3 as we come closer to Xmas. The price difference of the two consoles is huge, and Microsofts are throwing millions and millions at advertising. When it comes to buying presents for others there are going to be only two viable choices.

I disagree. I think the PS3 is advertised far more then 360 and on par with the Wii. The PS3 ads right now are every where, especially on peak times like when a football game is on. I have not even seen one Gears 2 advert yet where as LittleBigPlanet ads are on like every 1hr or so. The other thing is Sony advertise multi-platform games as if they were exclusive. The ads in general are normally just crap. They try and be clever when people dont want that, they dont want to see a story about how some guy lost his money in a hotel....They want to see what game is out, what it lookslike and what it can do. The PS3 ads just plain suck and have almost nothing to do with actual games. Look at the few 360 ads that are actually on. They dont advertise one specific game they advertise genres. Like right now the ad i see for th 36 is Rock Band advert. They talk about the future music games, how much they cost and what they looklike. That informs the public in about 10 seconds. Where as the PS3 adverts teach the public nothing. "This is living". More like "this is how to completely baffle your audience".

What football games are you watching? 360 ad's are all over the place on Sunday. Especially the NBC Sunday Night games. That includes Gears , Lips, Fable, and 3rd party game commercials with the little 360 $199 bit at the end. Im a football junkie and watch all the games

Though it's kinda unfair anybody else gets the feeling that this was the road to fame and that nintendo "sold out" to the casuals to be able to achieve this just like a small band will sold out and change their sound to be able to make it big it's not that it's wrong but I'm just saying. I love nintendo the good think is that they'll still making core games for the wii.

PS:I like microsoft I hope they end up on 2nd place.

Edit: I don't like Microsoft it was just a joke.

Around the Network
ctk495 said:

Though it's kinda unfair anybody else gets the feeling that this was the road to fame and that nintendo "sold out" to the casuals to be able to achieve this just like a small band will sold out and change their sound to be able to make it big it's not that it's wrong but I'm just saying. I love nintendo the good think is that they'll still making core games for the wii.

PS:I like microsoft I hope they end up on 2nd place.

Nah, they are making games for the same audience as they always have.

where are the threats about 360 loosing its market value from the face of customers...

@ctk495, did soriku really post that? wow, he's a real teenager lol

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

These threads are wonderful. I love the fanboy meltdowns.

My favorite part: a sketchy Internet rumor about a March price cut for PS3 has already been accepted as gospel truth amongst the faithful.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

"Since they are talking about Europe, football refers to what you in the states call soccer."

LOL I had a temporary lapse, and forgot this was the "others" area