By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Microsoft - The Wii doesn’t even have online

@leo-j, i agree it is been arrogant. Microsoft created a great online service for the 360. I wouldn't be surprised if they say that the wii hardcore fanbase is very very low.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

I like the Wii's online system. I'm a much bigger fan of single player, or local multiplayer, and the occasional Kart match online works just fine for me.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Pristine20 said:

I have no motive. I just tend to defend the underdog/accused. It's just my nature. My point of the PR guy not knowing could be right though

I find it very hard to believe that he knows so little about the competition.  I think we both know that's bs.  Furthermore, as an example of the Wii's online capabilities you chose SSB.  That game is notorious for it's long waiting times in random matches.  

Btw, Nintendo sucks! 

There, I just insulted a company.  Defend it.   

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

For microsoft's audience, online is important and Xbox live is a great online service. That's probably why they bought the Xbox in the first place. However, sales show that for most console buyers, online is not high in their priorities of console features.

Nintendo's online strategy is obviously very different from Microsoft's (and Sony's) in that they are not trying to emulate the online scene in PCs for their console. And why should they? Why should they copy Microsoft's online strategy when that strategy hasn't helped MS outsell the Wii?

As has been mentioned here already, Xbox Live community is not very forgiving for newbies. Nintendo's strategy seems to be easing these expanded audience gamers into online. If they follow XBL's path, it's as if they threw these new gamers into the deep end of the pool.

It wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't worded it like an idiot.
(>'.')>

Around the Network

wiis online is not even on par with PSN, just my opinion...

eliasg said:
wiis online is not even on par with PSN, just my opinion...

The point is that he made it sound as if the Wii doesn't have any online capabilities.  

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

but I played online in my wii for weeks.....or not?

o_O;

BoleroOfFire said:
Pristine20 said:

I have no motive. I just tend to defend the underdog/accused. It's just my nature. My point of the PR guy not knowing could be right though

I find it very hard to believe that he knows so little about the competition.  I think we both know that's bs.  Furthermore, as an example of the Wii's online capabilities you chose SSB.  That game is notorious for it's long waiting times in random matches.  

Btw, Nintendo sucks! 

There, I just insulted a company.  Defend it.   

If you belive ninty sucks, you'll be in a small minority so I won't be doing any defending lol. However, you're probably right that the PR guy is talking BS

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

DrJay said:
For microsoft's audience, online is important and Xbox live is a great online service. That's probably why they bought the Xbox in the first place. However, sales show that for most console buyers, online is not high in their priorities of console features.

Nintendo's online strategy is obviously very different from Microsoft's (and Sony's) in that they are not trying to emulate the online scene in PCs for their console. And why should they? Why should they copy Microsoft's online strategy when that strategy hasn't helped MS outsell the Wii?

As has been mentioned here already, Xbox Live community is not very forgiving for newbies. Nintendo's strategy seems to be easing these expanded audience gamers into online. If they follow XBL's path, it's as if they threw these new gamers into the deep end of the pool.

Bingo! Is funny how people makes fun of the wii's online capabilities while ignoring that it doesn't matter in the least bit.

For me, I am happy with it. I can play online without much problem and honestly. all the whining about the friends codes are pathetic. Grow up.

Xbox live is good, for very very hardkorez gamers but for Nintendo's vision the idea is to offer an accesible, reliable and safe (from annoying racist and homophobics 30 year old tweens) environment to the rest of the gamers, so they can try it and experience it. Maybe Nintendo will change it in the future but so far it has being working.

Microsoft of course is very bitter seeing that they "HD generation" slogan hasn't became a reality (yet) and they will do whatever they can to bash the winner console.They should better be careful. That kind of arrogance was the one that made Nintendo fail with the N64 and Sony with the PS3. Just saying.