By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Microsoft - The Wii doesn’t even have online

Pristine20 said:
vdoesntforgive said:
Pristine20 said:
Cut the guy some slack. nintendo never mentions the online portion of the wii. Perhaps because it sucks? The PR guy probably really doesn't know it exists.

No offense, guy, but what is it with you and defending everything against Nintendo?

Jeeeesus.

Nintendo fans are very vocal on these forums. Someone has to back the opposing opinion lol

Except it's not an opinion, it's an outright lie.  What's your real motive? 

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Around the Network
appolose said:
Pristine20 said:
Cut the guy some slack. nintendo never mentions the online portion of the wii. Perhaps because it sucks? The PR guy probably really doesn't know it exists.

"It" doesn't suck, though ("it" being the games that choose to go online).  And Nintendo pushed it plenty with Brawl (not so good) and Kart (quite good), and MOH Heroes 2 and Call of Duty both have it featured, to name a few.  Furthermore, sucky online is way different than no online.

I just think complicated "friend codes" are a bad bad idea for a system trying to appeal to "casuals". Even as "hardcore" as I am, I won't play online if I had to keep so many complex numbers in order to do so. I liken this to mgs4 online where you had to create a different konami id from your psn and then a game id. Add the fact that you have to download updates from konami torrents and I never touched mgo as much as I love mgs4.

My little brother was trying to show me that he was the best in SSBB so I asked him to play online and it took 15 minutes for him to find people to play with (and he lost btw). For a game whose sales are encroaching on 10 mil, I thought that was a damn shame.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I always browse on my Wii. How many do that on their Xboxes?

Mario Kart Wii - 4983-6029-9877

Wii code- 4257-3204-4481-2949

BoleroOfFire said:
Pristine20 said:
vdoesntforgive said:
Pristine20 said:

No offense, guy, but what is it with you and defending everything against Nintendo?

Jeeeesus.

Nintendo fans are very vocal on these forums. Someone has to back the opposing opinion lol

Except it's not an opinion, it's an outright lie.  What's your real motive? 

I have no motive. I just tend to defend the underdog/accused. It's just my nature. My point of the PR guy not knowing could be right though

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

The Wii has online? Shit, and I just bought a 360 two days ago for it. =\

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Pristine20 said:
appolose said:
Pristine20 said:

"It" doesn't suck, though ("it" being the games that choose to go online).  And Nintendo pushed it plenty with Brawl (not so good) and Kart (quite good), and MOH Heroes 2 and Call of Duty both have it featured, to name a few.  Furthermore, sucky online is way different than no online.

I just think complicated "friend codes" are a bad bad idea for a system trying to appeal to "casuals". Even as "hardcore" as I am, I won't play online if I had to keep so many complex numbers in order to do so. I liken this to mgs4 online where you had to create a different konami id from your psn and then a game id. Add the fact that you have to download updates from konami torrents and I never touched mgo as much as I love mgs4.

My little brother was trying to show me that he was the best in SSBB so I asked him to play online and it took 15 minutes for him to find people to play with (and he lost btw). For a game whose sales are encroaching on 10 mil, I thought that was a damn shame.

Third parties aren't required to use the friend code system with its own 12 digit code for each game, they are free to set up their own online model.

SSBB's online apparently sucks if you play against random people, but that doesn't mean that the same holds true for all Wii games. Actually SSBB seems to be the game with the worst online on the Wii, of the games that matter anyway.

I'd say that's even worse because of my mgs4 example

Right Microsoft like it matters what do you think, sales show which console is demanded by the customers.

But at least they stopped ignoring the wii.

I love the ways microsoft replies to questions is always funny.

Lolcislaw said:
Right Microsoft like it matters what do you think, sales show which console is demanded by the customers.

But at least they stopped ignoring the wii.

It does. If not, why are we talking about it? lol

RolStoppable said:
Pristine20 said:
RolStoppable said:

Third parties aren't required to use the friend code system with its own 12 digit code for each game, they are free to set up their own online model.

SSBB's online apparently sucks if you play against random people, but that doesn't mean that the same holds true for all Wii games. Actually SSBB seems to be the game with the worst online on the Wii, of the games that matter anyway.

I'd say that's even worse because of my mgs4 example

You mean that third parties are allowed to their own thing? You are absolutely correct, after all the things that third parties have done on the Wii, they can't be trusted anymore.

But in all seriousness, EA uses Personas (usernames) for Medal of Honor Heroes 2 which most likely will work in other EA games as well.

Still, you have to agree that one username to work for all is the best approach.