E
N
T

stupid MS believing NXE can move some console lol
price and games move console !

Time to Work !

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
Cut the guy some slack. nintendo never mentions the online portion of the wii. Perhaps because it sucks? The PR guy probably really doesn't know it exists.

"It" doesn't suck, though ("it" being the games that choose to go online).  And Nintendo pushed it plenty with Brawl (not so good) and Kart (quite good), and MOH Heroes 2 and Call of Duty both have it featured, to name a few.  Furthermore, sucky online is way different than no online.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
TWRoO said:
RolStoppable said:
If you don't pay for it, it can't be a feature. That's also why the 360 has Wifi while the Wii does not.

Hey I paid for the WiFi in my Wii.

LMAO!

OT: Downplaying the competition seems to be the 'in' strategy nowadays.  I'd bet they're counting on many people reading this comment and believing it. 

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Pristine20 said:
Cut the guy some slack. nintendo never mentions the online portion of the wii. Perhaps because it sucks? The PR guy probably really doesn't know it exists.

No offense, guy, but what is it with you and defending everything against Nintendo?

Jeeeesus.

When 360 was expensive MS qas looking to be buddy buddy with fans of the Wii like: "get a 360 to complement your Wii". Though now that 360 is priced below the Wii you know that they expected it to cut into Wii sales a little more too (not just PS3 sales). As a short term plan cutting away some of PS3's sales yeah thats fine but long term this aggressively priced they want to see a shift with 360 the casual consumers console of choice.

Around the Network

Ill agree, you can't even talk to your friends while playing Mario Kart or SSBB. You might as well play against the cpu honestly you can't even tell the difference, the only difference is that it takes 20 times longer to load an "online" game.

^^I can't talk to my friends when I'm on AIM--I can only send them text messages. I guess I'm not online then either. As for the load times comment, I think you need a better connection.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Well it's obviously not on the same level of online as Xlive, but it is still there and it works. Lag free for most of the games, aside from Brawl from what I've played. And it isn't high definition but me like the majority of people don't have an HD TV so with any console it doesn't matter to me. But he does make a great point about the storage problem because it is quite an issue... I think I'm running out of room just from game saves haha. Going to have to start storing some of the older ones on GC memory disks.

But currently I'd say Ninty and Sony are the ones that best provide to all sides of the market. I mean Sony has games like Resistance and Uncharted along with LittleBigPlanet and Singstar. Nintendo has Zelda: TP and Metroid Prime 3 along with Wii Fit and Big Brain Academy. Technically MS doesn't have any games aside from the people it owns but I'll do it anyways. MS has Halo and Fable II along with Viva Pinata and Scene It. As you can see MS's casual front just doesn't add up to the casual front Sony and Nintendo have and have had for a decent amount of time. So in that front MS needs work which is why they are trying to so hard to obtain it.

narfwack said:

Nintendo occupies a different space to us in that regard as well, in that [the Wii] isn’t an online connected platform [perhaps by Microsoft's definition?--ed.], it isn’t high definition, it doesn’t offer the scalability we offer in the SKU lineup and the storage ability. … I certainly think we do have an appetite for getting into those broad family genres, and that part of the strategy will continue to be so, but I think we clearly want to appeal to all tastes. Our aspiration is to win overall, and to do that we need to continue to bring content to all the different genres in the market, with Xbox Live at the heart of that.

link

Just a little bit arrogant.  We all know Microsoft's online is better, but that doesn't mean Wii has NO online capabilities.  I mean it does have built-in wifi, downloadable games and games we can play ONLINE.

He never said the Wii doesn't have online. He said it isn't an online connected platform. He's basically talking about how you are connected to everyone on your friends list no matter what game you're playing. But you can use this molehill as a foundation for your mountain if you wish!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

vdoesntforgive said:
Pristine20 said:

No offense, guy, but what is it with you and defending everything against Nintendo?

Jeeeesus.

Nintendo fans are very vocal on these forums. Someone has to back the opposing opinion lol

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler