By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Microsoft - The Wii doesn’t even have online

Nintendo occupies a different space to us in that regard as well, in that [the Wii] isn’t an online connected platform [perhaps by Microsoft's definition?--ed.], it isn’t high definition, it doesn’t offer the scalability we offer in the SKU lineup and the storage ability. … I certainly think we do have an appetite for getting into those broad family genres, and that part of the strategy will continue to be so, but I think we clearly want to appeal to all tastes. Our aspiration is to win overall, and to do that we need to continue to bring content to all the different genres in the market, with Xbox Live at the heart of that.

link

Just a little bit arrogant.  We all know Microsoft's online is better, but that doesn't mean Wii has NO online capabilities.  I mean it does have built-in wifi, downloadable games and games we can play ONLINE.

360 Tag - narfwack

Around the Network

The wii doesnt have a good online community like the PSN or XBL, but it does have online..This is arrogant of them to say

mM
leo-j said:
The wii doesnt have a good online community like the PSN or XBL, but it does have online..This is arrogant of them to say

Define "good online community" because that is not what Xbox Live is, or ever has been.

On topic: oh no they didn't.

MS and Sony seem proficient this Gen at the art of inserting ones foot into mouth....XD!

I think it's just more likely the guy didn't know.

I'm not sure i get what qualifies as a "Good online community" though.

Also, what kind of shitty reporter doesn't do a follow up question on that?

Around the Network
TheTruthHurts! said:
MS and Sony seem proficient this Gen at the art of inserting ones foot into mouth....XD!

It is especially difficult when the mouth in question lies between the two larger cheeks.

leo-j said:

Yeah it does have online and like you said it not good, but I think that they will make it better while time goes on

Cut the guy some slack. nintendo never mentions the online portion of the wii. Perhaps because it sucks? The PR guy probably really doesn't know it exists.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Well the thing about the Wii is that they let developers choose to have online play or not for there game. They do not have a network so the company needs to host there own servers. With the PSN and XBL they have there own network so developers can make online easier on there system. So the reason the Wii does not mention online play is bc developers have to choose to put it in or not.

RolStoppable said:
If you don't pay for it, it can't be a feature. That's also why the 360 has Wifi while the Wii does not.

Hey I paid for the WiFi in my Wii.