By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - David Jaffe approves of GoW3 (graphics)

Garnett said:
bbsin said:
Garnett said:
Mature = Not cursing peroid..

One sign is presidency,you dont see Obama or McCain droping the F-Bomb every 2 seconds.

Second if hes not a fanboy he sounds like one "Xbots" is what PS fanboys call anyone who perfers the 360 over the PS3..

Third he works for Sony,you dont see Cliff saying "Yea i like Resistance but wait till you PS fuckers get a load of gears 2"

Jaffe is just riding his own nuts,building up Gears 2 then he put GoW3 over Gears 2.

Jesus Christ. Is David Jaffe a president? Are game designers supposed to hold a ideal level of "maturity"? I will tell you one thing Jaffe does better than Obama and McCain (or politicians in general), he's actually honest and gets to his point.

Secondly, I'd use the word "xbot" all time on moron 360 fanboys. If anything you're coming off as a fanboy because you think PSfanboys are the only ones that use "xbot" as a reference to bias retards that prefer 360 over "insert product here". Jaffe owns both a Wii and 360, and are friends with many 360 exclusive devs (including Cliffy B).

Finally, you're comparing Cliff to Jaffe. Just like how everyone compares Miyamoto to Jaffe. For what reason? You're trying to say that Cliff is full class and Jaffe isn't? You don't know either of them and yet you pass judgement as if it's "right" for one guy to act like the other. You have no right to pass any judgement.

I never said Jaffe was a president,i said presidents get respect by not acting like idots and talking like twelve year olds,I never recall any 360 FAN calling anyone a Xbot.

Why cant i compare them,Both are devs,both work for the game indrusty,im not saying Cliff is classy its just he dosent talk like most twelve year olds on Xbox live(OOOH BURN).

So... because presidents get respect for not acting like idoits (which is your opinion), Jaffe has to do the same?  It wouldn't make sense for a 360 fan to call anyone a "Xbot", but shit, go around the web and you'll find plently of words fanboys throw at each other.

Also, You can't compare the two because none of them claimed to be better or even cares to be in an argument. You're implying that one person SHOULD be like someone else under your opinion,that foul langauge should not be tolerated, and by not using it, that person would be a better human being/game designer. You honestly don't see anything wrong with that?

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:
bbsin said:
SHMUPGurus said:
bbsin said:

I wish you responded to my edited post!! oh wells.

I didn't say that you called him a dick head, I said someone that posted in this thread did. Use them as an example to put my point across. But yeah, I answered all your questions with my edited post. I have a bad hobby of posting bits and adding on later, by that time people may have already moved on...

Nah, don't worry, I saw your edit. I do that too actually! xD

I didn't reply to it because I thought my first paragraph explained how I viewed the ''successful people that swear'' deal we've been going through already. Miyamoto was probably not the best person to compare to, and yes, we can't judge people for what they are, but that's when I'll use my ''there are always better ways to interpret certain concepts you want to show to some people, not all'' argument. ^^

Add those words and I agree with you whole heartily. The only thing I was trying to point out is that the way Jaffe talks isn't the "end all" proof to whether he's intellegent,mature,stupid, immature, etc. It's all based on how lightly someone perceives foul language. Everyone is raised differently and are used to different things. 

Indeed! =P

So in the end, we can agree that Jaffe was really targeting the ''Xbots'' in his own way to get his point across to them?

Haha, OR Jaffe was using the greatness of GeOW2 to actually get his point across that GOW3 looks really good, and in the process protected himself against unreasonable fanboy attacks. Atleast that's what I got from the blog post, but then again, I'm one of the few that didn't let his vocab derail me from the point.   =P

Anywas, I'm about done with this topic. After everyone wakes up, this thread will probably go out of control and get locked. But backlash will be big, but I'm with Jaffe and I don't try to please everyone, nor do I care. I get my point across and that's how I communicate.

bbsin said:
Garnett said:
bbsin said:
Garnett said:

One sign is presidency,you dont see Obama or McCain droping the F-Bomb every 2 seconds.

Second if hes not a fanboy he sounds like one "Xbots" is what PS fanboys call anyone who perfers the 360 over the PS3..

Third he works for Sony,you dont see Cliff saying "Yea i like Resistance but wait till you PS fuckers get a load of gears 2"

Jaffe is just riding his own nuts,building up Gears 2 then he put GoW3 over Gears 2.

Jesus Christ. Is David Jaffe a president? Are game designers supposed to hold a ideal level of "maturity"? I will tell you one thing Jaffe does better than Obama and McCain (or politicians in general), he's actually honest and gets to his point.

Secondly, I'd use the word "xbot" all time on moron 360 fanboys. If anything you're coming off as a fanboy because you think PSfanboys are the only ones that use "xbot" as a reference to bias retards that prefer 360 over "insert product here". Jaffe owns both a Wii and 360, and are friends with many 360 exclusive devs (including Cliffy B).

Finally, you're comparing Cliff to Jaffe. Just like how everyone compares Miyamoto to Jaffe. For what reason? You're trying to say that Cliff is full class and Jaffe isn't? You don't know either of them and yet you pass judgement as if it's "right" for one guy to act like the other. You have no right to pass any judgement.

I never said Jaffe was a president,i said presidents get respect by not acting like idots and talking like twelve year olds,I never recall any 360 FAN calling anyone a Xbot.

Why cant i compare them,Both are devs,both work for the game indrusty,im not saying Cliff is classy its just he dosent talk like most twelve year olds on Xbox live(OOOH BURN).

So... because presidents get respect for not acting like idoits (which is your opinion), Jaffe has to do the same? It wouldn't make sense for a 360 fan to call anyone a "Xbot", but shit, go around the web and you'll find plently of words fanboys throw at each other.

Also, You can't compare the two because none of them claimed to be better or even cares to be in an argument. You're implying that one person SHOULD be like someone else under your opinion,that foul langauge should not be tolerated, and by not using it, that person would be a better human being/game designer. You honestly don't see anything wrong with that?

A-Who would vote for a drunk hill billy president? no one,thats why you see presidents always in suits and look professional,they have to keep the look.

B-Exactly 360 fans dont call 360 fanboys "Xbots" thats what the PS fanboys call the 360 fanboys,its not 360 vs 360 its ,360 vs PS3 fanboys.

C-I nor they never said they were better than the other,i dont know where you got that from,i said Respect = no foul language,Im sure he is a good game developer,its the way he talks that makes him sound immature.

I think a little bit of swearing is fine. Jaffe goes over the top sometimes, but to me he comes off as a passionate and down to earth guy. He seems like someone who would be really easy to talk to.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

@Garnett why can't you stop trolling?

Around the Network

I've got no problem with swearing at all but he just sounds like he's trying way too hard to be cool.....or something, and his vocab does suck. He doesn't even use the words shit or fuck in creative or interesting ways.

Garnett said:
bbsin said:
Garnett said:

David Jaffe is one of the finest developers in the world. However, like Cliffy B, he is not particularly classy.

Hey, at least he didn't put down the 360 controller and say it was impractical and useless. He said that Gears 2 was better than any PS3 game this year, both in graphics and gameplay.

I think it's safe to say he's not a fanboy.

Now Ted Price, he may not have the developing talent of Cliff or David, but he can string together a coherent sentence without swearing and he can actually finish a paragraph without bashing the opposing console.

Any he works for Sony more than David Jaffe does.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Garnett said:
bbsin said:
Garnett said:
bbsin said:
Garnett said:

So... because presidents get respect for not acting like idoits (which is your opinion), Jaffe has to do the same? It wouldn't make sense for a 360 fan to call anyone a "Xbot", but shit, go around the web and you'll find plently of words fanboys throw at each other.

A-Who would vote for a drunk hill billy president? no one,thats why you see presidents always in suits and look professional,they have to keep the look.

Would I vote for a drunk hillbilly president? Ofcourse I didn't vote for Bush. But he won anyway.

But I'll tell you what, If that hillbilly president was not drunk (which has nothing to do with Jaffe) and is completely honest while using foul langauge to get his point across, then yes, I'll vote for him.

BTW, comparing Jaffe to a president of a country is a horrible example. 

B-Exactly 360 fans dont call 360 fanboys "Xbots" thats what the PS fanboys call the 360 fanboys,its not 360 vs 360 its ,360 vs PS3 fanboys.

You got it wrong, I didn't say 360 fans don't call 360 fanboys "xbots". I was saying that 360 fanboys don't call 360 fans "xbots". Big difference on whether the person is a fanboy or not. In Jaffe's case, he's not, because he's like me. We own all 3 consoles and play them. Heck, point me out a xboxfanboy and I'll call him a Xbot right now if you don't believe me. Would that mean that I'm a not a 360 fan? 

C-I nor they never said they were better than the other,i dont know where you got that from,i said Respect = no foul language,Im sure he is a good game developer,its the way he talks that makes him sound immature.

I fully understand what you are saying, but you don't understand what I'm saying. The issue here is that in your OPINION, foul language =/= no respect = immaturity. You're passing off your opinion as fact. While I'm saying that there are people that are respected even if they use foul language and there are people are not repected even if they are polite. Do you understand? The way someone talks isn't THE determining factor on whether this person is a good human being/game dev/ mature/ intellegent. 

On a side note, i wish you didn't color code things... it actually makes it harder for me to read the font. x_x.

bbsin said:
Garnett said:
bbsin said:
Garnett said:
bbsin said:
Garnett said:

DId I vote for Bush? No. But he won anyway.

You got it wrong, I didn't say 360 fans don't call 360 fanboys "xbots". I was saying that 360 fanboys don't call 360 fans "xbots". Big difference on whether the person is a fanboy or not. In Jaffe's case, he's not, because he's like me. We own all 3 consoles and play them. Heck, point me out a xboxfanboy and I'll call him a Xbot right now if you don't believe me. Would that mean that I'm a not a 360 fan?

I fully understand what you are saying. The issue here is that in your OPINION, foul language =/= no respect = immaturity. You're passing off your opinion as fact. While I'm saying that there are people that are respected even if they use foul language and there are people are not repected even if they are polite. Do you understand? The way someone talks isn't THE determining factor on whether this person is a good human being/game dev/ mature/ intellegent.

A-Bush wasnt drunk,he wasnt swearing left and right,he wasnt immature.

B-Fans = Fans of ALL console,they like all...Fanboy = blind follower whos ingorant,or even somethings the smart fanboys who act like fans but arnt.

C-foul language = no respect fact,now you can curse like a sailor and you can be the best human alive but when people read your stuff there gonna say "who is this idot who cant even speak without cursing" Its like if Obama would run for president if he was sagging? if he had a drew rag on and some nikes,NO people would of looked at him and say "hes trash from the streets"even if he is the best person in the world.

3 things make a person

1-How you speak

2.How you dress

3-Your personality

Im not trying to put him down im just saying he sounds like hes a teenager....or as hsrob said " he just sounds like he's trying way too hard to be cool.."

@msnolp just another troll account createted might as well be banned now.

@garnett ,,,

could you stop and get out of PS3 forums,,you are always in all PS3 news trying to crash our fun.go and post in MS section and contribute for the console that you like.you don't see me posting in MS section more than once every 2 weeks.

i don't understand why you care so much for PS3,,,,I am not a 360 fan so you don't see me contributing in MS section that much,,,it should be the same with you and PS3 section.unless you just want to justify something for your self,,,,which still should not mean that we have to tolerate your negativity in every freakin PS3 thread.

OT:this game is the reason i own a PS3,,,anticipation level rose 50%,,still more excited for KZ2 since it's closer to launch.