By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 5 Accused of Racism...

naznatips said:
ckmlb said:
RE 4 and RE 5 > All Previous REs. I don't care if it's zombies or any other mutated humans, as long as the game is amazing and I don't see this one not being amazing like 4.

The best thing Capcom ever did to this franchise is totally change it in 4 and make it an action/3rd person shooter instead of the horror/survival clunky game it was before.

I was always a huge fan of the old Resident Evil games, ever since the first but I accept that the series has just gotten better this way.

I don't think so.   All of RE's primary developers are gone.  I expect RE4 > other REs > RE5.  Shinji Mikami, the creator of the series, no longer works for capcom (thanks partially to their decision to release RE4 on the PS2 and thanks partially to them disbanding their best studio: Clover).  I won't give it a death sentence yet but I do not have high hopes at all for RE5.

The new guy directed Lost Planet, if I remember correctly. I haven't played it, so I can't make a judgment.

Around the Network
Desroko said:
naznatips said:
ckmlb said:
RE 4 and RE 5 > All Previous REs. I don't care if it's zombies or any other mutated humans, as long as the game is amazing and I don't see this one not being amazing like 4.

The best thing Capcom ever did to this franchise is totally change it in 4 and make it an action/3rd person shooter instead of the horror/survival clunky game it was before.

I was always a huge fan of the old Resident Evil games, ever since the first but I accept that the series has just gotten better this way.

I don't think so. All of RE's primary developers are gone. I expect RE4 > other REs > RE5. Shinji Mikami, the creator of the series, no longer works for capcom (thanks partially to their decision to release RE4 on the PS2 and thanks partially to them disbanding their best studio: Clover). I won't give it a death sentence yet but I do not have high hopes at all for RE5.

The new guy directed Lost Planet, if I remember correctly. I haven't played it, so I can't make a judgment.

Lost Planet, a bunch of Onimusha games, and almost every Mega Man game.  Overall a decent/average developer but nothing compared to Mikami and the boys at Clover (now Seeds, which has no affiliation with Capcom).  

And i thought only Germans can be so sensitive in that matter. Serious though the only racist are the writer of the block. So its ok to shoot white and Spanish or European (In RE 4 are also German "Zombies") but please don't shoot black?

Positive discrimination is still discrimination.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_discrimination

Why do some people think it's could for their case or couse if they do the same as accused and blame others for?

Are Africans immune to the T-Virus or Las Plagas? Am I missing something?

When I play any REs, I don't really recognize the people as black, white, asian, spaniard, mexican....they're all zombies. This game is zombieist. When is all the zombie hate going to stop?

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Maybe they'll make them white in the Wii version?

Proud Owner Of: Wii, DS, PSP, Xbox 360 (Brother owns PS3 & PS2)

Things that have changed since the last Generation of Gaming:

- Nintendo has shown us you can have the best selling console of all time with virtually no games for it.

- Graphics suddenly matter to Sony fans but Reverse Compatibility and Dual shock oddly enough don’t.

- Kiddy Crap is trendy with Hardcore gamers now that it’s no longer Nintendo’s “thing” (Viva Piñata, Little Big Planet, Banjo Kazooie 3, LBP)

- Third Party Developers are now essentially the equivalent of Video Game street pimps.

- Gimmicks are no longer fads (Wii-mote)... Well, not all Gimmicks (PS-Eye)

Around the Network

If this were a black hero shooting a bunch of white people, not only would it suddenly no longer be racist, but anyone who did complain about it in this fashion would be labeled a racist instead.

Those who firmly believe themselves to be discriminated against will find examples of the discrimination where no rational person would.

Which once more, really sadly discredits real racism, like a person getting rejected for being the wrong race, policing beyond profiling towards racial discrimination (Driving Young and Black, flying Arab and getting hassled for those reasons alone). Killing zombies, white, black, spanish, japanese, ain't racism, it's survival, and it's a video game. Killing black people to prevent them from having sex with white women, well, that counts as racism, even in video game form.

Now, since I rarely am serious, allow me to do my usual assholery and make my points seem much less valid! It's kinda like some PS3 fans on this forum! Looking for any little random fact that they don't like and screaming discrimination and threatening to leave.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

DKII said:
If this were a black hero shooting a bunch of white people, not only would it suddenly no longer be racist, but anyone who did complain about it in this fashion would be labeled a racist instead.

You are absolutely right DKII. There is a serious double standard. Political Correctness is stifling social progress in America.

Why couldn't they come up with a new character. They left umbrella behind, why couldn't it be an African trying to save Africa.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Desroko said:
taternuts444 said:
good, maybe this stupid game will get cancelled, i'm pretty sure this game will never be released in the US anyway, Rev Al will make sure of that, put the zombies back in RE Capcom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a smart remark for this one, before I remembered how many times RE2 and RE4 were redesigned.

But no, Capcom likes money. It will be released.

Yeah.  If they really have to they'll just do a skin swap on the main character (literally) and maybe change around some dialogue for it to fit.

Hey a company did the same thing for one of the Persona games... though I'm not sure if there was any reasoning for it or if it was just arbitrary.