By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

A few PS3 games are there .....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
twesterm said:

but Wii games do compete with the 360 and PS3 games.

You could say a Ford Focus competes with a BMW M5 or Corvette Z06 and technically it's true because they're all cars afterall but this is more of a comparison between the two high-end consoles who owners or potential owners want the entire package (gameplay *and* HD graphics).  So just like if we were having a comparison between sports cars it wouldn't make sense to include a Ford Focus in the mix.

outlawauron said:

Exactly there  missing some ps3 games.. though I cant recall now.

mM
Legend11 said:
twesterm said:

You could say a Ford Focus competes with a BMW M5 or Corvette Z06 and technically it's true because they're all cars afterall but this is more of a comparison between the two high-end consoles who owners or potential owners want the entire package (gameplay *and* HD graphics). So just like if we were having a comparison between sports cars it wouldn't make sense to include a Ford Focus in the mix.

Yeah, but this isn't really a sports car list, it's a Christmas games list and the Wii has some serious games. Also, since graphics do appear to be important to you, take a look at Mario Galaxy. It may not be your BMW M5, but it's not a Ford Focus either, it's more of a Mustang GT or Cobra or whatever the fast Ford car is (I don't do cars). Saying that the Wii doesn't really compare because it doesn't have HD graphics is absolutely idiotic. Just because something isn't HD doesn't mean it looks bad, especially since most people don't even have an HD TV.

The truth is, like I said, the Wii games do compare because they are obviously competing with HD big boys and are more than holding their own.  I just cannot see how you can honestly tell me that Wii games can't compete with PS3 and 360 games *only* because it's not HD.

Legend11 said:
twesterm said:

You could say a Ford Focus competes with a BMW M5 or Corvette Z06 and technically it's true because they're all cars afterall but this is more of a comparison between the two high-end consoles who owners or potential owners want the entire package (gameplay *and* HD graphics).  So just like if we were having a comparison between sports cars it wouldn't make sense to include a Ford Focus in the mix.

The car analogy doesn't work well with game consoles in general and works awful for the holiday season ... Remember, cars are rarely purchased as gifts

This holiday season when parents buy a console as a gift for the family or for a particular family member they're likely only going to buy 1 console; on top of that,  gamers are likely to receive 1 or 2 games at Christmas but are unlikely to get more than that. Even people who are buying games for themself are not likely to buy all that many games being that they're expecting some as presents, they have massive expenses with all of the people they have to buy for, and they have limited time with all the shopping and parties they have.

What this means is that (in most cases) the purchase of a Wii takes away a potential purchase of a PS3 or XBox 360, and the purchase of Mario Galaxy or Super Smash Brothers takes away potential purchases of Halo.

Around the Network

>>Also, since graphics do appear to be important to you, take a look at Mario Galaxy.

I've looked at Mario Galaxy and the graphics aren't impressive in the least. I'm sure the gameplay will be great for people who like that kind of game but to me it looked like something from the early Gamecube days and collecting coins seems to look like it's really getting old (I guess it's like poeple complaining about FPS getting old). I've also looked at Super Smash Brothers Brawl and the backgrounds seemed to lack detail and the characters' facial animation seemed poor. As for Metroid Prime 3 it lacks detail compared to the shooters coming to the Xbox 360 and PS3.

>>The truth is, like I said, the Wii games do compare because they are obviously competing with HD big boys and are more than holding their own.

Sure it's competing in terms of the general mass market but in terms of people looking for great gameplay *and* HD graphics it doesn't.

leo-j said:
outlawauron said:

Exactly there  missing some ps3 games.. though I cant recall now.

Attorney General Alberto Gonzales... is that you??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Legend11 said:
>>Also, since graphics do appear to be important to you, take a look at Mario Galaxy.

I've looked at Mario Galaxy and the graphics aren't impressive in the least. I'm sure the gameplay will be great for people who like that kind of game but to me it looked like something from the early Gamecube days and collecting coins seems to look like it's really getting old (I guess it's like poeple complaining about FPS getting old). I've also looked at Super Smash Brothers Brawl and the backgrounds seemed to lack detail and the characters' facial animation seemed poor. As for Metroid Prime 3 it lacks detail compared to the shooters coming to the Xbox 360 and PS3.

>>The truth is, like I said, the Wii games do compare because they are obviously competing with HD big boys and are more than holding their own.

Sure it's competing in terms of the general mass market but in terms of people looking for great gameplay *and* HD graphics it doesn't.

You're assuming that everyone who owns a 360 or PS3 wants an HD experience when most of them really just want a gaming experience; it really doesn't matter what the resolution is.

I know that every 360 game I want I'm not buying because of graphics or they're in HD, hell, even the only type of games I usually like the graphics to look as good as possible(sports games--Madden 08) I want for the Wii. 

Of course they lack detail, you know, it`s not like your paying $400 or $600 for a console that plays them... They still look amazing, and will beat most PS3 and 360 games in everythig except graphic quality.

I think Nintendo made it clear a long time ago that if you are a graphic whore, then Wii wasn`t for you you, at least as a main console.

Though overall, I do agree that 360 lineups beats the other 2 systes easily ( at least from a hardcore gamers perspective), though not in all the genres. That should be expected, thanks to big western dev support and 1 extra year of development and experience of devs.

Here is a list of missing titles.

August 21 - GRAW 2
September 4 - NBA 08
November 1 - Two Worlds: Temptation
November 27 - Home
November 27 - Socom Confrontation

and you list some multi-plat games for the 360.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.