By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
outlawauron said:
Here is a list of missing titles.

August 21 - GRAW 2
September 4 - NBA 08
November 1 - Two Worlds: Temptation
November 27 - Home
November 27 - Socom Confrontation

and you list some multi-plat games for the 360.

Admittedly I haven't read much about Home lately, but isn't it just a mix between the 360 Dashboard with achievements, a chat room, and the Mii channel and not a game?

-edit-
And I'm not trying to say anything about Home, I just don't know and I want to.

Around the Network

>August 21 - GRAW 2

Umm he said he's excluding games that appear on both PS3 and 360...

>September 4 - NBA 08

You're right about this one though it should be added.

>November 1 - Two Worlds: Temptation

Cancelled?  It's not even mentioned on their website anymore.  Very safe to say it won't appear this year if ever.

>November 27 - Home

Not a game.

>November 27 - Socom Confrontation

Isn't coming out until 2008...

Oh may as well add Lost Odyssey, Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom,  and Warhammer: Mark of Chaos (Oct) to the 360's list... :D

I was just looking at GS list of games.

He listed games like Fatal Internia, Warriors Orochi, Bee Movie, Spiderman: Friend or Foe, Tomb Raider: Anneiversary Edition, and some.

Those are coming out on other platforms as well.

(I even gave you some 360/PC combos such as BioShock.)

In Home, it will used to play games, launch yourself into multiplayer games, as well as the social aspect. So to a point, its a game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Here is a list of missing titles.

August 21 - GRAW 2
September 4 - NBA 08
November 1 - Two Worlds: Temptation
November 27 - Home
November 27 - Socom Confrontation

and you list some multi-plat games for the 360.

The list was only according to Gamestop so by nature it would be somewhat incomplete.

The movie games are cross platform but not listed in GameStop.

GRAW2 has been on the XBox for a while now so that's why I didn't list it.

NBA 08 I missed...  I thought it was a different version of EA's version....  I forgot Sony is releasing one as well.

Where is the press release for Two Worlds on PS3?  I would like to see it as some sites say it is coming but others don't.  And if you go to the official site: www.2-worlds.com they don't have any PS3 info.

Home is the online service right?  So I didn't think that was anything XBox doesn't have with Live...  There are features there not on XBox Live...  But, there are also Live features not on Home so I didn't consider it.  But, I do understand the excitment around it for PS3 fans and potential buyers.

Socom is not on the Gamestop web site yet.  So that's why I didn't put it on...

Thanks for filling in blanks...!

outlawauron said:

He listed games like Fatal Internia, Warriors Orochi, Bee Movie, Spiderman: Friend or Foe, Tomb Raider: Anneiversary Edition, and some.

In Home, it will used to play games, launch yourself into multiplayer games, as well as the social aspect. So to a point, its a game.

By used to play games, do you mean just launch games or play a pinball machine (or whatever) in your Home?

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

The criteria I used was:  Had to be on GameStop site, and had to be coming out by the end of this year (aka Xmas)...

The games mentioned are not listed under PS3 at gamestop yet... 

Fatal Intertia is delayed indefinately for PS3...

You forgot about DS and PSP. Those are next-gen systems to. And thats a dumb reason for not including the Wii. So your list is incomplete.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Legend11 said:
twesterm said:

but Wii games do compete with the 360 and PS3 games.

You could say a Ford Focus competes with a BMW M5 or Corvette Z06 and technically it's true because they're all cars afterall but this is more of a comparison between the two high-end consoles who owners or potential owners want the entire package (gameplay *and* HD graphics).  So just like if we were having a comparison between sports cars it wouldn't make sense to include a Ford Focus in the mix.

That's a silly way to put it and here's why.  Someone who wants the entire package gameplay and HD Graphics isn't just going to have a PS3 or 360.  They'll have a PS3 or 360 and a Wii because the Wii will have a crapload of exclusive gameplay thanks to the Wiimote, which can also mimic any PS3/360 gameplay graphics aside.

So anyone could just as eaisly say that the 360 isn't for people who care about the entire package of Graphics and Gameplay and to a lesser extend the PS3. (Since the PS3 copied the motion control somewhat.)

twesterm said:
Legend11 said:
>>Also, since graphics do appear to be important to you, take a look at Mario Galaxy.

I've looked at Mario Galaxy and the graphics aren't impressive in the least. I'm sure the gameplay will be great for people who like that kind of game but to me it looked like something from the early Gamecube days and collecting coins seems to look like it's really getting old (I guess it's like poeple complaining about FPS getting old). I've also looked at Super Smash Brothers Brawl and the backgrounds seemed to lack detail and the characters' facial animation seemed poor. As for Metroid Prime 3 it lacks detail compared to the shooters coming to the Xbox 360 and PS3.

>>The truth is, like I said, the Wii games do compare because they are obviously competing with HD big boys and are more than holding their own.

Sure it's competing in terms of the general mass market but in terms of people looking for great gameplay *and* HD graphics it doesn't.

You're assuming that everyone who owns a 360 or PS3 wants an HD experience when most of them really just want a gaming experience; it really doesn't matter what the resolution is.

I know that every 360 game I want I'm not buying because of graphics or they're in HD, hell, even the only type of games I usually like the graphics to look as good as possible(sports games--Madden 08) I want for the Wii. 

Relax people...

I stated Wii was not included.  Be a fan, but the posting was purposefully not about the Wii from the start.   This was about comparing the lineups for PS3 and 360.  I thought it was interesting to see the differences and what kind of opinions people had on those differences.

I have both a Wii and 360.  I love them both, but I would not compare their games lineup.  I will buy all games if they are on the 360 first because of the HD, Graphics, Sound, blah, blah, blah...  I buy a Wii game when it is interesting, fun, and fits with the controllers... 

PS3 and 360 have a lot of similarities.  That's why I wanted to compare the lineups.  (Hidden Agenda:  Also, I was thinking about buying a PS3, but to tell you the truth after going through this excercise, I don't see value for cost, so I will wait until it goes down in price and the content is there)  PS3 frankly is dissappointing to me this Xmas.  There are not many exclusive must haves that are not also appearing on the 360 between now and Xmas (Haze, UT3, and the Ratchet & Clank game?).  UT3 and Haze are coming to 360...  And I don't really care about the Blu-ray vs. HD DVD thing...  So, I will stand-pat with my Wii and 360 and wait for Sony to truely join the party.

Xeo_842 said:
You forgot about DS and PSP. Those are next-gen systems to. And thats a dumb reason for not including the Wii. So your list is incomplete.

I know a lot of people will fly off their rocker for this... But... 

Wii is not NextGen...  It does not have HD, does not support HD DVD/Blu-Ray, Does not have the processing power or graphics power, etc.  It is only NextGen by its release date and version.  Back, a few years ago when people talked about "NextGen", they were talking about raw technical capabilities of consoles and immersive hard core gaming experiences and online multiplayer capabilities... You don't see the Unreal Engine 3 on Wii, or you can't play HD movies on it.  So to me it is not NextGen. - That said, I have a Wii and love it.  Sorry to offend Wii-only fanboys, but the truth is the truth.  Nobody was talking about games like Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros., Trauma Centre, etc. a few years ago when they envisioned the NextGen...  They were thinking about MGS, GoW, CoD, Halo, Final Fantasy, Mass Effect, etc.

DS and PSP are not consoles.  They are portable gaming devices and should be compared with each other for Xmas lineups and not PS3 and 360...