By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Third parties pull a fast one and blame Nintendo for their own crappy games

They are losing money, and its pretty obvious the first lesson would probably have to do with the number of games released just in one month. ME, DS, LBP, etc. Little too crowded on the one system at the one time.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

and now i wonder how is it possible that the biggest 3d pc game "evah" was released in the times of voodoo 2 graphic cards(daggerfall) and biggest console 3d game on ps2(sand andreas). on ps2 was released even an action game that was capable of showing more than 6000 enemies on screen at the same time(and still had really decent graphic). and yet wii can't handle those kind of stuff? yeah right? developers just don't want to do this and use cheap excuses.

Kantor said:
I like Victor Godinez now. He makes a very good point.

It's not all their fault, Nintendo!

No, it IS their fault.

If they were putting effort into their games as Reggie points out, we could have MANY games of Resident Evil 4 calibur.

But instead, we get another crappy port of a zombie videogame that wasn't designed for the Wii. Hence it's sucking.

Metroid Prime 3 rules. Where are the games that push the system, from the third parties?

Screw anybody that says it's the fault of the system for not being powerful enough. That didn't stop any other generation from having AWESOME 3rd party games. Let's get off this high horse of HD bullshit, and  face reality: 3rd parties are to blame for their sales woes.

Nobody else.

If it's the hardware, then Nintendo's games wouldn't sell either.

So no more bullshit.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Wow. It's hard to downgrade a game for the Wii so that wouldn't make sense. Wouldn't that make it easier to program a game for the Wii in the first place?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Saying that "only Nintendo games sell on Nintendo system", same time with "only Nintendo makes good games for Wii", pretty much explains the reason why Nintendo is the biggest publisher on its system.
The "only Nintendo games sell on Nintendo system" started to be pretty worn out and too transparent for anyone to believe anymore, so they need to make new ones. Well, you can run, but you can't hide.

@Esa-Petteri: You seem to be getting the point pretty easilly. 3rd parties can make good games, but why aren't they showing on Wii? It's not a matter of there's no way of doing it, it's more of a matter of there's no will of doing it.

Yeah, the games you mentioned are pretty much tailored for Wii and that's big reason why they have sold well. If it doesn't give them any hint about how to have success on Wii, especially when someone slaps it on to their face, it's just just their stupidity not to learn from it.

@Lemmiwinks: Actually last gen it was easy to make ports, because the most popular system was the weakest. So by having the weakest platform as the leading one in developement process, makes porting cheaper. Too bad that can't be done this gen, due to the weakest platform not being the most popular one, which would justify it as the leading platform and make porting cheaper. Oh, wait...

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

Yeah but thats happening in one case right? The EA Wimbledon Tennis game i believe. That will be 1st released on Wii and then maybe other systems.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

amp316 said:
Wow. It's hard to downgrade a game for the Wii so that wouldn't make sense. Wouldn't that make it easier to program a game for the Wii in the first place?

I thought that was one of the big advantages to third party developers. That it cost so much less to develop a game for the Wii. Combine that with the biggest user base and that should be where you go to make the most money.

But I think that developers are looking at the demographics in a more advanced way. They look at the Wii and its 30 million or so owners and try to decide where the biggest slice would be. Because the Wii is popular with EVERYONE, its user base is spread thin. Any one game area may only represent 25% of the user base. But, if you develop a FPS, that type of game would account for 80% (or perhaps even more) of the X360 user base. Add to that the fact that those 80% of X360 users will also be at sites like this many times a week looking for the next big games means you do not have to do much to advertise and get the word out. A large percentage of Wii owners only buy names they recognize (Mario, Zelda, Star Wars) or games that get alot of hype and news coverage (Wii Fit, Wii Music).

I believe that the Conduit will be a great game. I also believe that 75% of X360 and PS3 owners will have heard about it when it releases and about 25% of Wii owners will have heard about it. Although I believe it will sell well, I believe it could do so much better if Wii owners knew it was out there. That is where Sega must do two things to push this along. They must advertise it in a good way that will reach as many people as possible. They must also ensure that the box art is self explanatory. Many Wii owners go to the game section and scan for something that catches their eye. Boom Blox and Zack and Wiki are great games, but by looking at the box art can you tell what the game is even about? No. With other types it is easy. Sports, war, and racing games are obvious. The Conduit had better have cover art that screams alien invasion or people will just pass it by. Oh wait....did I get off topic? Wow, look at how much I have been typing!! Better stop now...

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand.

NNID = RangerOne

Switch = SW-2393-3671-6907

I thought Nintendo developed Wii Music?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

havnt nintnedo leraned that having an underpowered system is stupid. why would third party developers make games on wii when they could get awesome grtaphics on the HD consoles. userbase means nothing

I mean look at DS. that was an underpowered system where nintendo constantly flouted the casual audience. thats why its nintendo's fault that most third party games are going to PSP where they can create REAL games with fantastic graphics

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia