By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 - 4 million?

The european data must be wrong ,they are putting the exact same numbers as last week as if the Starter Pack hadnt sold a single console more .This cant be ,the sales due to the Starter Pack have increased notably .

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
The european data must be wrong ,they are putting the exact same numbers as last week as if the Starter Pack hadnt sold a single console more .This cant be ,the sales due to the Starter Pack have increased notably .

FFS, dont pull stuff out of nowhere without anything more than your own anecdotal evidence. I suspect ioi knows slightly more about the figures in Europe than you do.

Diomedes1976 said:

NO! THEMS NUMBERS BE WRONGS, I TELLSYA!

Jesus, stop it already. At least half your posts are nothing more than complaining about "inaccurate" numbers (when in fact VGChartz, NPD, Media Create, Enterbrain and whoever else in the business all have margins of error):

http://www.vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?tab=forum&id=89

You should know the drill by now - you have an issue, bring it up via PM. Not that anything will be done if you have no further proof apart from your typical spouting and whining.

@ Diomedes1976 

According to SCEE, they already sold-through 1.2 million units in their territories since a couple of weeks ago. This does not include Sony's sales outside of SCEE, SCEA and Sony Japan covered areas.

I trust SCEE on this one as they have access to the most complete and accurate data for a huge amount of countries which are near impossible to track for 3rd parties, let alone a non-commercial service like VGChartz. 

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

My numbers show VGChartz at 1.17 million over that period...thats pretty close guys. Its a 2.5% difference.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
This cant be ,the sales due to the Starter Pack have increased notably .

Where, in your local shop? As I said in another post:

Maybe that's the case in Spain, but not necessarily everywhere in Europe. In Denmark, the starter pack was accompanied by a price drop, and the starter pack is also available in Norway and Sweden. Despite all of that, there hasn't been a single week in the past month during which the PS3 outsold the 360 in Scandinavia...

Your posts would sound so much more reasonable if you actually put any thinking into them. For example, find out and tell us in which countries the starter pack is available, and try to find some news about it. If you do that and you're right, you might actually convince someone instead of looking like a crybaby?

EDIT - I just noticed the numbers are 28k for this week and 25k for last week, so what's your point?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Why take the low road NJ5 and go to flaming users by calling them a crybaby because they happen to have a legitimate concern? The numbers are close, and in fact are probably within the margin of error for this site that the PS3 could actually be above 4 million. With how hard it is to get solid numbers in some areas, there could be many that are missed, no matter how good of a job ioi and the others do here.

if it's only 5k away, that is very very close and it counts for me. Congrats Sony, keep on churning them out!

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

ioi said:
Because if you look at Diomedes post history he does nothing but complain time and again about the numbers on the site.

Having said that, we are due some adjustments tonight as I get some more data and PS3 will be going up a bit more in Europe - so it likely will just cross 4 million.

Watch out for Diomedes's head exploding when he realizes vgchartz is not biased against the PS3..

PS: Thank you for making my 4th prediction come true...

Machina-AX said:
NJ5 said:
ioi said:
Because if you look at Diomedes post history he does nothing but complain time and again about the numbers on the site.

Having said that, we are due some adjustments tonight as I get some more data and PS3 will be going up a bit more in Europe - so it likely will just cross 4 million.

Watch out for Diomedes's head exploding when he realizes vgchartz is not biased against the PS3..

PS: Thank you for making my 4th prediction come true...

You say 'fanboyS', so you need at least one more person to do it before your 4th prediction is true :D

Even if that's the case, with all the people posting threads about Sony's shipped numbers, I'd say it already happened... ;)

Maybe I should start posting this kind of predictions a lot, they may become self-defeating prophecies which will increase the quality of the discussion here...

Sqrl said:
My psychic powers tell me the PS3 will cross the 4 million mark with next week's numbers =P

Seriously though, the Japanese numbers this week were fantastic for PS3 and definitely a lot higher than I expected.

Just a side note, but with the way the numbers in the database are always being refined and reevaluated it is entirely possible that down the road the numbers could show this week to be the week the PS3 crossed the 4m mark. Right now it is very close, so it may be to early to for sure say it hasn't crossed.

ioi said:

And it was so...

To Each Man, Responsibility