By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales (11/20)

crho said:

http://dubai.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1227172064/209

[NDS] Chrono Trigger (Square Enix) - 176k (46%)
[PSP] Kidou Senshi Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam (Bandai Namco) - 150k (60%)
[WII] Animal Crossing: City Folk (Nintendo) - 117k (23%)
[360] The Last Remnant (Square Enix) - 79k (61%) [excludes HW bundle]
[WII] Animal Crossing: City Folk w/ Wii Speak (Nintendo) - 58k (20%)
[NDS] Saka-Tsuku DS: Touch and Direct (Sega) - 41k (33%)

[PSP] Kidou Senshi Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam, Premium Pack (Bandai Namco) - 10k (50%)
[360] Otomedius G (Konami) - 7.4k (50%)
[PS3] Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (EA) - 5.0k (24%)
[PS3] MotorStorm 2 (SCE) - 4.3k (19%)
[360] Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (EA) - 2.7k (30%)

Around the Network

Wow@ 175K First day for Animal Crossing!
Chrono Trigger also doing well, pleased to see that.

Both should be well above 300k first week.

Last Remnant also impressive. 360 RPGs are selling pretty well. Symphonia 2 is still the best sold console JRPG in Japan this gen so far if I'm correct.

Vanadium2k8 said:

It will easily beat Tales' 106k. I expect 110-125k first week. And 30k+ for 360 hardware, it can even beat the PS3 for a week or two or seven xD

Edit: If we include bundles, it could even do 140k+ :o :o

unlikely, for in a week Winning Eleven 09 releases, which should boost PS3 sales by quite a bit and beyond 360 sales, but ofcourse the 360 will do very well this week and the following in japan

Madanial said:
Is this AC is Japanese language version?or they release all in English?
Oh damn, firstly i thought this's weekly sales again.What a dumb! ( >_<)'

Btw, do you think The Last Remnant'll boost 360 sales?

It's bundled of course it will help sales.

what's with japan and gundam eh? every time there's gundam in the title they just go ape all over it.

Around the Network
Rhonin the wizard said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Neos said:
Rhonin the wizard said:
Neos said:
so 165k first day sales for animal crossing!

finally some good news in the land of the rising sun!

175k, actually.

math was never my best thing :>

Where did you find this? The OP said 117K...

Anyway, if 176K is real, that's awesome. It should come pretty equal out to SMG's first week (perhaps even beat it).

The stand-alone version sold 117k, the one bundled with Wii Speak sold 58k, together that's 175k.

Ahh! Of course. Thanks.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Leni said:
stof said:
Leni said:
once more IGN is the laughing stock!!

a game that (according to IGN) has been re-released and rated 7.0 selling almost 0.2 million in 1st day in Japan alone!!

the game is AWESOME and A LOT of new things!!
that need time to unlock....

I don't see how the game selling well (which I don't think IGN ever stated that it wouldn't) make them a laughing stock?

one of the biggest Wii game launch in Japan, and the game gets 7.5?? come on.....

originally said by IGN:

Clearly aimed at either gamers new to the series or ones with incredibly short memory spans

how stupid they are, they've played just the begin......

they seem stupid because they give a relatively bad review for such a great and successful game!

the online is amazing, a LOT of new items and the new city part has A LOT of new things to do!

but there's no credit for that

i played all Animal Crossing versions, and they are all average compared to the Wii version!

(in terms or graphics, online, things to do, everything)

I know you mean well with all the bullshit you post. I think that's what makes it so irritating.

go 360!

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Leni said:
stof said:
Leni said:
once more IGN is the laughing stock!!

a game that (according to IGN) has been re-released and rated 7.0 selling almost 0.2 million in 1st day in Japan alone!!

the game is AWESOME and A LOT of new things!!
that need time to unlock....

I don't see how the game selling well (which I don't think IGN ever stated that it wouldn't) make them a laughing stock?

one of the biggest Wii game launch in Japan, and the game gets 7.5?? come on.....

originally said by IGN:

Clearly aimed at either gamers new to the series or ones with incredibly short memory spans

how stupid they are, they've played just the begin......

they seem stupid because they give a relatively bad review for such a great and successful game!

the online is amazing, a LOT of new items and the new city part has A LOT of new things to do!

but there's no credit for that

i played all Animal Crossing versions, and they are all average compared to the Wii version!

(in terms or graphics, online, things to do, everything)

I know you mean well with all the bullshit you post. I think that's what makes it so irritating.

i know it's bullshit what i say, but i hate it when poeple say "i won't buy the same game 2 times" because they read those bullshit in IGN.....  :  P

i'm just too happy the game is selling well, because lately all Wii games get a low score, even Tales of Symphionia.... i'll spam IGN!!  

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

one of the biggest Wii game launch in Japan, and the game gets 7.5??

Sigh good sales and good quality have nothing to do with each other. Especially for first-day sales they are completely irrelevant.

Spiderman3 and Indiana Jones 4 have been watched by millions and millions of people. That doesn't make them good movies.

They are still simply shitty movies with big names.

The same applies for music (American Idol anyone) and games (Carnival games multi-million seller)

Get over it.