By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales (11/20)

Kyros said:
one of the biggest Wii game launch in Japan, and the game gets 7.5??

Sigh good sales and good quality have nothing to do with each other. Especially for first-day sales they are completely irrelevant.

Spiderman3 and Indiana Jones 4 have been watched by millions and millions of people. That doesn't make them good movies.

They are still simply shitty movies with big names.

The same applies for music (American Idol anyone) and games (Carnival games multi-million seller)

Get over it.

You are so incredibly narrow-sighted. Seriously.

You find those movies/shows/games to be crap, but other people don't.

Now, I don't agree with Leni (far from it), but I think your claims are just as bad.

Some people love Carnival games (I've played it myself - it's a blast. I liked it better than No More Heroes).

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

Gundam vs. Gundam at 160k first day ... it wil do over 200k first week :o Gundam games are selling better and better on the PSP, its easily the leading system for this franchise ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Kyros said:
one of the biggest Wii game launch in Japan, and the game gets 7.5??

Sigh good sales and good quality have nothing to do with each other. Especially for first-day sales they are completely irrelevant.

maybe yes, but in order for people to buy it the 1st day, it means they like it

some games should have higher or lower sales in my opinion or other people opinion, but the sales of this game seem like they are going to be too high for a 7.5!

IGN sucks, why should only core games get a high score?? in my opinion, some casual games deseve a higher score

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Motorstorm 2 is disappointing again....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

If you don't like reviews don't read them. Indiana Jones 4 simply sucked. Every review said it. Most people who watched it (who saw the original 3) said the same.

Money made != quality

And even if some dipshit really likes the music of Ashley Simpson, that doesn't make it better.

Of course there is subjective taste. A train simulator may be the best thing ever for some guys while most people fall asleep about it. But even there you can find good train simulators and shitty train simulators. Indy4 is a shitty Indiana Jones movie. Ashley Simpson makes shitty popmusic and Animal Crossing seems to be the Gamecube version warmed over. People buying it doesn't make this any better.

Around the Network
Kyros said:

If you don't like reviews don't read them. Indiana Jones 4 simply sucked. Every review said it. Most people who watched it (who saw the original 3) said the same.

Money made != quality

And even if some dipshit really likes the music of Ashley Simpson, that doesn't make it better.

Of course there is subjective taste. A train simulator may be the best thing ever for some guys while most people fall asleep about it. But even there you can find good train simulators and shitty train simulators. Indy4 is a shitty Indiana Jones movie. Ashley Simpson makes shitty popmusic and Animal Crossing seems to be the Gamecube version warmed over. People buying it doesn't make this any better.

So much truth in this post :o

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Ok, so everybody is rambling about Animal Crossing and the Last Remnant... But did you notice that Motorstorm 2 bombed in ALL territories?! Damn...

THE NETHERLANDS

Nice sales for most titles, Chrono Trigger and Animal Crossing will battle it out which title will end up being the number 1 with Gundam PSP closely following those two games. The Last Remnant also did great, should become the highest first week seller on Xbox 360 in Japan.

Super sale for Xbox 360 TLR.
that is just too awesome still without bundles.

Vanadium2k8 said:
Rei said:
thanks again. So it looks like Chrono Trigger is not even nearly as popular in Japan as Dragon Quest.

And The Last Remnant .. great figures, the best opening week for X360 game in Japan confirmed?

It will easily beat Tales' 106k. I expect 110-125k first week. And 30k+ for 360 hardware, it can even beat the PS3 for a week or two or seven xD

Edit: If we include bundles, it could even do 140k+ :o :o

No maybe for this week but i doubt it because next week the Pro Evolution bundle and the game is comming, remeber that game is the most preordered HD game in Japan.