By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The NXE kills 360s, the confidential 360 source was right

Reminds me of the PS Forums, every time there is a new update, the update gets the blame for any Malfunction, Dead system, Freeze, or even Lag....

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
Infamous said:
Rofl fake topic. Seems like desperation to me.

you do realize the source of this topic is one of the leading tech blogs in the world right?

just because they posted it doesnt mean that its true.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
ssj12 said:
Infamous said:

you do realize the source of this topic is one of the leading tech blogs in the world right?

they might have posted it because one of the writers experienced these issues after update, typically engadget doesnt post random crap to start rumors about issues that dont exist.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
MrBubbles said:
ssj12 said:
Infamous said:

they might have posted it because one of the writers experienced these issues after update, typically engadget doesnt post random crap to start rumors about issues that dont exist.

its more likely they were intentionally misled.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Xeta said:
Impulsivity said:
I installed it, my 360 didn't brick but it does freeze and it won't play the few 360 games I have (dead rising in particular, the one 360 game I still play). I thought it was an anomaly till I did my daily dose of Engadget. I got off easy it seems (I have a March 2006 model so I'm not sure if thats the same as launch, who knows).

Usually I don't post in this kind of topic, but when I saw this particular post I couldn't stop thinking about this thread.

Wow Impulsivity just got owned, lol.  I predict that he will completly avoid these posts.

Edit-After he gets off his ban

Around the Network

=( i am more worried now.

should buy or not buy

Um... wow my friends 360 randomly froze on him when we was checking around on the NXE yesterday, sounds kinda bad I hope they patch whatever they did to it soon for his sake...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I updated all six of my 360s...

Not a problem.

NeoRatt said:
I updated all six of my 360s...

Not a problem.

Is there a reason you have six 360's?  Just seems rather odd unless you own a gaming shop or something =P

@topic,

I haven't heard anything about how pervasive this is yet, its a bit early to start assuming this is anything near as bad as the RRoD problem.

To Each Man, Responsibility

that freezing is probably due to high volume traffic.. if you just leave it for a min it should just come unstuck and you can move around again with the controller..

Freezing happened to me twice while I was looking at friends list but on 2nd time I just waited for a bit and it unfroze