By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The NXE kills 360s, the confidential 360 source was right

Rofl fake topic. Seems like desperation to me.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Around the Network
Acevil said:
ctk495 said:
Whoa people calling this the new RROD.

Nah, it is just one fanboyish user. Anyways back to posting in soriku's topic.

You're right!  I wrote hundreds of forum posts, the Engadget article and all the rest just to make the 360 look unreliable!  I actually orchestrated the hype around the huge failure rate of the 360 and planted all the RROD stories!  How did you know it was all me?

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Impulsivity said:

Remember how there were a ton of 360s that RRODed from release and MS pretended the problem didn't exist for over a year? Remember how people said those who talked about the RROD were crackpots and liars?

It's not like there's some great track record for the 360 that makes the idea that a bunch of RRODs could happen when they updated the software is not believable. I REALLY doubt that releasing the NXE right after warranties ran out was a coincidence either.

As to whoever made the 360 sales point earlier....you know the Ford Pinto sold a lot too even though the gas tank occasionally exploded (which Ford lied about for years)....just sayin...

Impulsivity, I apologize if it seems like I'm flaming you.  I jsut find it ironic that most user feedback has been positive from NXE, and some NON users are trying to run with this story. 

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

This may be because I just woke up but I am slightly confused. Are you trying to claim that the guy who said there would be hundreds of thousands of consoles broken in one day is right because some people are experiencing the occasional freezing issues? Seems like you are just taking every pot shot you can at the 360 and desperately trying to link random unrelated issues.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Impulsivity said:
Acevil said:
ctk495 said:
Whoa people calling this the new RROD.

Nah, it is just one fanboyish user. Anyways back to posting in soriku's topic.

You're right!  I wrote hundreds of forum posts, the Engadget article and all the rest just to make the 360 look unreliable!  I actually orchestrated the hype around the huge failure rate of the 360 and planted all the RROD stories!  How did you know it was all me?

Sorry but you posted a link to xboxfanboy.com yet I don't see article in that site saying this is RROD. Also given your post history on this site, and the fact that you are really flaming in this thread. Sorry but if you honestly don't see where I might consider you a fanboy instead of someone just reporting news, read your first post over and over again.

Around the Network

I installed it, my 360 didn't brick but it does freeze and it won't play the few 360 games I have (dead rising in particular, the one 360 game I still play). I thought it was an anomaly till I did my daily dose of Engadget. I got off easy it seems (I have a March 2006 model so I'm not sure if thats the same as launch, who knows).

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Impulsivity said:

Remember how there were a ton of 360s that RRODed from release and MS pretended the problem didn't exist for over a year? Remember how people said those who talked about the RROD were crackpots and liars?

It's not like there's some great track record for the 360 that makes the idea that a bunch of RRODs could happen when they updated the software is not believable. I REALLY doubt that releasing the NXE right after warranties ran out was a coincidence either.

As to whoever made the 360 sales point earlier....you know the Ford Pinto sold a lot too even though the gas tank occasionally exploded (which Ford lied about for years)....just sayin...

We are talking about NXE RROD. Why are you trying to match it with past problems? Your statement also breaks the argument that the NXE is casuing problems. Maybe it is just old faulty hardware? Did NXE just give you another excuse to a start another RROD thread? Because I not see any widespread proof to the argument that "The NXE kills 360s".

Impulsivity said:
I installed it, my 360 didn't brick but it does freeze and it won't play the few 360 games I have (dead rising in particular, the one 360 game I still play). I thought it was an anomaly till I did my daily dose of Engadget. I got off easy it seems (I have a March 2006 model so I'm not sure if thats the same as launch, who knows).

Wow thats sad. Your post is so so so sad. Just sad.

Occasionally it freezes when I flip through the menus too fast, but it hasn't killed my 360. At least, not yet.

I'm pretty sure this is coincidence or just not widespread. I'm also pretty sure at least some of those are fanboys trying to make MS and NXE look bad.