By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The NXE kills 360s, the confidential 360 source was right

MontanaHatchet said:
Occasionally it freezes when I flip through the menus too fast, but it hasn't killed my 360. At least, not yet.

I have had that happen a few times, but nothing longer than 30 seconds or so.  I imagine this is because it's just new.

Around the Network
Impulsivity said:
I installed it, my 360 didn't brick but it does freeze and it won't play the few 360 games I have (dead rising in particular, the one 360 game I still play). I thought it was an anomaly till I did my daily dose of Engadget. I got off easy it seems (I have a March 2006 model so I'm not sure if thats the same as launch, who knows).

Usually I don't post in this kind of topic, but when I saw this particular post I couldn't stop thinking about this thread.

Xeta said:
Impulsivity said:
I installed it, my 360 didn't brick but it does freeze and it won't play the few 360 games I have (dead rising in particular, the one 360 game I still play). I thought it was an anomaly till I did my daily dose of Engadget. I got off easy it seems (I have a March 2006 model so I'm not sure if thats the same as launch, who knows).

Usually I don't post in this kind of topic, but when I saw this particular post I couldn't stop thinking about this thread.

That is too funny for words. How embrarassing.

Well,to be fair every time Microsoft and Sony drops a new firmware this kind of troubles happen,let's don't magnify this as many 360 fans do it against PS3's -sometimes- troublesome updates.

Impulsivity, stop gloating about this, that's just not nice.

Also, I seem to recall this happened to the PS3 a while back when there was a firmware update - it's not gonna be a big deal, they'll release NXE 1.0.1 in a week and this'll all be over

Around the Network

RROD Version 2.0 eh?

If I could, I would blame my DVD drive failing due to the NXE update. Maybe I should try it. I haven't updated my Launch 360 yet with a broken DVD drive.

or I could use it for Netflix only, which I love.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I have a 360 that I purchased June 2006, I put NXE on it today, and it still seems to be running well.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

No problems so far, but it would be nice if mine would RROD, I'd like to get one with an HDMI port :)

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Infamous said:
Rofl fake topic. Seems like desperation to me.

you do realize the source of this topic is one of the leading tech blogs in the world right?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453