By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: We’re beating PS3 in Europe

first low LPB & Resistance 2 sales & now this .... lol poor sony .. i will sell my PS3 if u dont do anything sony U HEAR ME

Around the Network
NNN2004 said:
first low LPB & Resistance 2 sales & now this .... lol poor sony .. i will sell my PS3 if u dont do anything sony U HEAR ME

So you're selling your ps3 because the games didn't sell like you expected or because you didn't like the games? lol. So much for all about the games.

can you propose what sony should do right now when the whole company is putrefying?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

goddog said:
Pristine20 said:
Star Scream said:
Well deserved, they got the price right. PS3 looks horribly overpriced in comparison.

You realize that this may have to do with the euro falling 25% against the yen right? Sony has actually cut the price by 25% in EU but no one realizes it.

hah only cut the price to sony corporate not to the end user, and end user perception is what matters. Ms has had to absorb this too, and dropped the price, the euro has fallen vs the dollar too, and is expected to be worth as much as or less then the dollar by the new year, considering it was over twice the dollars value earlier this year, thats a major slide.

1 euro gets you 1.25 usd right now

1 euro gets you 119.01 yen right now

1 usd gets you 95.05 yen right now

Yep, to sony's corporate and sharehiolders and they also play a part in the decision whether a real price cut comes or not. Sony as a company is bleeding right now. Do you guys wish that the company collapse just to sell more ps3's? If anything, they'll be better off canning the ps3 lol.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
NNN2004 said:

So you're selling your ps3 because the games didn't sell like you expected or because you didn't like the games? lol. So much for all about the games.

can you propose what sony should do right now when the whole company is putrefying?

no its about the games & system .. the games are great  i own both LBP & resistance 2 but if  the games and the system didnt sell well then we will not see any other good games later.

OMG.. its 2:1 cheaper... so why is this hard to bealive? :)) Not a big deal if you ask me, and it can be easily deleted ( the lead ) with a pricecut or with... Gran Turismo :))

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
NNN2004 said:
Pristine20 said:
NNN2004 said:

no its about the games & system .. the games are great i own both LBP & resistance 2 but if the games and the system didnt sell well then we will not see any other good games later.

Then why not keep the games and system if you love them. Sellling systems won't net you any profit. Even the wii is selling for normal prices now. I still have an old xbox even though no games are going to be released anymore. Why? Because I like the games I have on it and may play them randomly.

Pristine20 said:
goddog said:
Pristine20 said:
Star Scream said:
Well deserved, they got the price right. PS3 looks horribly overpriced in comparison.

You realize that this may have to do with the euro falling 25% against the yen right? Sony has actually cut the price by 25% in EU but no one realizes it.

hah only cut the price to sony corporate not to the end user, and end user perception is what matters. Ms has had to absorb this too, and dropped the price, the euro has fallen vs the dollar too, and is expected to be worth as much as or less then the dollar by the new year, considering it was over twice the dollars value earlier this year, thats a major slide.

1 euro gets you 1.25 usd right now

1 euro gets you 119.01 yen right now

1 usd gets you 95.05 yen right now

Yep, to sony's corporate and sharehiolders and they also play a part in the decision whether a real price cut comes or not. Sony as a company is bleeding right now. Do you guys wish that the company collapse just to sell more ps3's? If anything, they'll be better off canning the ps3 lol.

no no i dont, i thought you were making an excuse using the exchange rate as why sony wasnt cutting prices (where ms did two and had money lost in the euro collapse).   

sorry i misunderstood. 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

hunter_alien said:
OMG.. its 2:1 cheaper... so why is this hard to bealive? :)) Not a big deal if you ask me, and it can be easily deleted ( the lead ) with a pricecut or with... Gran Turismo :))

GT will sell a LOT, no doubt but not enough to pull the ps3 out of the mud. In fact I think most GT fans already have ps3 especially for prologue because GT5 has been a LONG time coming.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if a certain banned poster from Spain cried out, and was suddenly silenced. There is a terrible irony in all this. The one poster that would have more to say on the subject then anyone is silenced by the hammer. Well I made it a point to message him the thread so when he gets back maybe we can get a response from him.

Sony is doing just fine. Pulling ahead and winning a battle, doesnt always mean you win the war. I am sure (if) things change, articles like this one will come back to bite people in the ass. Just like all those "360 is doomed", "360 wont outsell PS3 in 2008" "360 wont outsell PS3 in Others for the remainder of 2008" ect. ect. People jump the gun too fast sometimes, but thats just the nature of things.....hell, I even do it.