By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - On Sony closing the gap in 2009....

auxerre said:

Pick up the phone? Wow, that is reaching.

why, because it's an actual alternative?

do you actually think having the ability to have a conversation one on one with somebody else on your console is that great?

Around the Network
DOATS1 said:
auxerre said:

do you actually think having the ability to have a conversation one on one with somebody else on your console is that great?

It is if your friend happens to live in a different state or country.  It's not as bad now but those long distance bills can be insane.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

damndl0ser said:
DOATS1 said:
auxerre said:

It is if your friend happens to live in a different state or country.  It's not as bad now but those long distance bills can be insane.

skype says hi

Max King of the Wild said:
auxerre said:
LOL MATURE said:
auxerre said:
DOATS1 said:
auxerre said:
DOATS1 said:

the only thing in this story that i picked up was the cross game chatting, invites and voice messaging. not much of a story eh? 

And handling of your download que, but that's four things, of which he asked for one.

To me, cross-game chatting and invites are the meat, anyway. What's the point of an online community if you're only connected to each other when you're playing the exact same game at the exact same time?

you wrote 7 paragraphs to explain 4 points? actually, 3; you can handle your download queues on psn too. and for your second point...what? you're always connected together on psn. ever heard of sending a text message? i admit xbl is much easier, but what's wrong with sending a message to your friend telling them to join you in a game? the xbl is not that much better than psn anymore.

I know you can set up a que on PSN, but it handles it poorly.

And yes, I wrote 7 paragraphs to explain 4 points because people like you act like they aren't a point. Sending someone a text message is not the same as chatting with them while playing separate games. Trying to pretend it is is just silly.

The real question is whether being able to chat with your friends whenever you want, cross-game invites, party systems, voice-messaging, etc. is worth the $39 a year versus what you get on PSN for free. To you, it might not be. But to me, it is. Even when I'm playing single player games, I am talking to my friends and it completely changes the experience.

...are you serious? How does it handle poorly? "download through backgrund" wait for my shit to be done downloading... wheres the problem?

Yes, I'm serious. If you haven't downloaded anything on Live, you won't understand. On PSN everything downloads much slower then Live, you have to install things after you download them, you can't download things while watching movies, etc, etc., etc.

EDIT: And it changes a single player experience the same way co-op can make a bad game more fun — because talking with your friends while doing it, particularly if you're both playing the same game, always makes things more enjoyable.

And like I said, maybe it isn't worth it to you. But it is it me, and clearly, it is to a lot of other people, as well.

though I don't know if you cant download while watching a movie (never tried to but I know you can while playing a game and I dont see the difference) I will say the installs are for people who arent connected to the internet. It's a feature not a negative.

I don't have to be connected to the internet or signed in to play the game demos I download, and they don't have to be installed to do it. So yes, it is a negative.

LEFT 4 DEAD - November 17th

I don't need no stinking skype, my xbox does it free. :D  And I don't have to walk into the other room where my computer is located to do it.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network
auxerre said:
auxerre said:
LOL MATURE said:
auxerre said:
DOATS1 said:
auxerre said:
DOATS1 said:

the only thing in this story that i picked up was the cross game chatting, invites and voice messaging. not much of a story eh? 

And handling of your download que, but that's four things, of which he asked for one.

To me, cross-game chatting and invites are the meat, anyway. What's the point of an online community if you're only connected to each other when you're playing the exact same game at the exact same time?

you wrote 7 paragraphs to explain 4 points? actually, 3; you can handle your download queues on psn too. and for your second point...what? you're always connected together on psn. ever heard of sending a text message? i admit xbl is much easier, but what's wrong with sending a message to your friend telling them to join you in a game? the xbl is not that much better than psn anymore.

I know you can set up a que on PSN, but it handles it poorly.

And yes, I wrote 7 paragraphs to explain 4 points because people like you act like they aren't a point. Sending someone a text message is not the same as chatting with them while playing separate games. Trying to pretend it is is just silly.

The real question is whether being able to chat with your friends whenever you want, cross-game invites, party systems, voice-messaging, etc. is worth the $39 a year versus what you get on PSN for free. To you, it might not be. But to me, it is. Even when I'm playing single player games, I am talking to my friends and it completely changes the experience.

...are you serious? How does it handle poorly? "download through backgrund" wait for my shit to be done downloading... wheres the problem?

Yes, I'm serious. If you haven't downloaded anything on Live, you won't understand. On PSN everything downloads much slower then Live, you have to install things after you download them, you can't download things while watching movies, etc, etc., etc.

EDIT: And it changes a single player experience the same way co-op can make a bad game more fun — because talking with your friends while doing it, particularly if you're both playing the same game, always makes things more enjoyable.

And like I said, maybe it isn't worth it to you. But it is it me, and clearly, it is to a lot of other people, as well.

though I don't know if you cant download while watching a movie (never tried to but I know you can while playing a game and I dont see the difference) I will say the installs are for people who arent connected to the internet. It's a feature not a negative.

I don't have to be connected to the internet or signed in to play the game demos I download, and they don't have to be installed to do it. So yes, it is a negative.

lol @ you guys

DOATS1 said:
auxerre said:

Are you sure you own a 360?

i'm just trying to picture someone calling each friend on his list asking them if they want to get together to play Horde.

Also, some of us vgcharters play together and we're all over the world, can you even imagine what our phone bill would add up too?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
DOATS1 said:
auxerre said:

Are you sure you own a 360?

i'm just trying to picture someone calling each friend on his list asking them if they want to get together to play Horde.

Also, some of us vgcharters play together and we're all over the world, can you even imagine what our phone bill would add up too?

Honey... We had a great time on Live a few weeks back. Is that why you didn't call?

Tease.

can sony close the gap, yes. but they need to release the slim, once the slim is release the ps3 will be cheaper to produce therefore dropping the price significally and with a lot more advertising sony's ps3 can outsell ms 360.

auxerre said:

i have a feeling you didnt know what i was talking about which gives me the feeling you dont know what you are talking about when address the psn.