By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN review Catslevania Judgment ... It's.....

Good?????

7.0 Presentation
This one is chalk full of references, characters, items, monsters, stages, and music from 20 years of Castlevania. The menus are a bit basic, but it captures the feel of the series.
8.0 Graphics
The character design by Takeshi Obata (Death Note) is fresh and unique, but strange. Visual effects are amazing, and models are well made. Full 16:9, and 480p. Nice.
8.0 Sound
There are some great compositions in here from two decades of source material, but it isn't as polished or ambitious as some remixes out there. Lots of VO and returning SFX.
7.5 Gameplay
There's a lot to experience, with a large roster, different styles, counters, guard crushes, supers, charged specials, and sub-weapons with Item Crushes added in. Camera is a pain.
7.5 Lasting Appeal
It's fun, but it could be bigger. Castle mode seems rushed, and lacks leveling, versatility, or any real guts. Online is fun, and battles are strategic due to great balance.
Good
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

http://wii.ign.com/articles/931/931583p1.html

Oh my. From the begining this game was bashed by fans and non fans of the series and it's turned to be a quite enjoyable.... What happen??

Around the Network

holy crap!

good!

Excellent. I will definitely be picking this up sometime soon.

Well... this is unexpected... maybe i'll rent it first... :)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Same score as AC:CF.. IGN is lazy confirmed.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Wow. I'm actually shocked.
If this can manage at 7 at Gamespot then I'll have to put this in my "To get at $20 or less" wishlist.

It's just that simple.

I told you so.

Its a GOOD game! If its not in the 8 though so most people will write it off. Damn ignorance. I cant wait to play this game.=)

Very very surprised haha. After this was first announced I thought it was going to get a 6 from IGN but obviously it's a good game. Well always good to hear.

I knew it! I always thought this would be a good game! Always kept faith in Konami =)

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Lol, I love how everybody thinks it stunning that it got a 7.5.

Regardless, better then I expected. Looks nice.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.