By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN review Catslevania Judgment ... It's.....

DTG said:
Since when is 7.5 quite enjoyable? That's quite a bad score.

7.5 is quite bad?

Greatest game of all time only had a 71% average review score.

SaGa Frontier - PS

Avg Ratio: 71%   

Summary
Release Date: 3/31/1998
Category: Role-Playing, Console-style RPG
SaGa Frontier is the fourth and latest extension of the popular Romancing SaGa series. With its rich and deeply textured 3D environments and its Free Scenario System from the previous Romancing SaGa titles, SaGa Frontier provides players with a great deal of freedom when choosing their own paths of exploration and discovery.

• Visit the SaGa Frontier Forum

• iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Like I said: I'll rent it. I'm sure it will be perfectly enjoyable on its own.

It is still offensive to all of my senses, an assault on every ounce of taste that makes me enjoy Castle/Metroidvania.

Why are you guys buying what DTG writes? He's a troll.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

i just hope this is as fun as soul calibre 2 was on gamecube

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

it'll probably be more fun than SC2, since it's compleely new gameplay: 3D

but also..has the depth of SC games:
    weak and heavy attacks, long range moves, guard breaks, grabs etc etc

also..the level design is insane! the on screen mayham is just pure awesome..

did you SEE the dungeon? spikes everywhere and a huge guillotine?!

and the characters are JUST like I wanted them: Unique

not rushed and boring..but each character has a unique moveset and gameplay feels different for each character..just like the game should be

sorry, but..this game is gonna rock

Around the Network

Good stuff. I was impressed with the game since day one. Of course, we all wanted a new castlevania game, not a fighter, but still, intriguing idea from Konami.

deathcape said:

but also..has the depth of SC games:
    weak and heavy attacks, long range moves, guard breaks, grabs etc etc

also..the level design is insane! the on screen mayham is just pure awesome..

did you SEE the dungeon? spikes everywhere and a huge guillotine?!

and the characters are JUST like I wanted them: Unique

not rushed and boring..but each character has a unique moveset and gameplay feels different for each character..just like the game should be

sorry, but..this game is gonna rock

I would be willing to take this post seriously and even argue with you if it weren't for this sentence.

deathcape said:

It may also look better than soul calibur 2...considering SC2 is 5 years old.

The camera must be bad, although Bozon at IGN didn't get into it, the review is otherwise a glowing endorsement of this game. Only the camera seems to have kept it from getting a 80-90 score.

As for the 1Up review, that was a pathetic review if I ever saw one. He's entitled to his opinion but it said almost nothing about the game. I doubt he even played it for more than a few minutes which is hardly enough time to determine how balance characters that control differently are.

lol...I never talked about looks, since SC2 is dated..doesn't mean it's not fun

and yes..to me CV:Judgment will be alot more fun than SC2
    sadly..v_v'

not that SC2 is bad in any way...I really love SC2 and is my most played SC game..since that's where I played SC the first time (besides Soul Edge on an old arcade machine)

but still, I'm totally in love with Castlevania since Aria of Sorrow, loved Kojima's art(the artist for Aria and some previous games)

loved the DS games..but mostly for gameplay as DoS brought nothing new to the story..and the art was bland..same for PoR except that they configured the timeline in CV games

Order of Ecclesia is AWESOME..some original CV gameplay and some Metroidvania gameplay...the mix is fantastic..the art is also ten times better

and of all the art, I have to say I love Obata's work here most..

and lol..sorry I love this game to death ^_^ it's exactly what I wanted..minus Soma..

T_T

SC started bleeding since 3..(only focused on graphical growth) and SC4 killed it for me..seriously..Star Wars?!?!