By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lair, a different opinion after EGM's review?

You know what's funny? When Gamespot gave The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess an 8.8 PS3 fans were laughing hysterically and there are still people to this day that simply reply to Wii topics with only 8.8. Of course there were Wii fans that got defensive and that only fueled the PS3 fans even more to say things like "wait until Lair."

Now that Lair got a lower than expected score it seems that the roles are completely reversed. Is 5.5 going to become the new standard answer to PS3 praise threads?

-edit-
And I'm not saying anything positive or negative about either game, I just find it funny how PS3 fans laughed at Wii fans for getting upsate over a single system seller game review score and now it's happening to them.

Around the Network

Who the hell is gamezone? Still, gamezone doesn't have any review up.

KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE!

EDIT: EGM complained about a lot more than controls.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

gamer9851 said:
It's not just about the issues, if they are gone that's perfect, but do you really think they will show a demo with full of issues one month before release when you need to hype the game ? It's obvious there will be some issues, but less than what we have already seen in the past demos. My main concern is about the game itself, I fear they pushed more the dev to create great visual than on the gameplay and I just hope it will not.

Again did you see them play it at e3?

mM

I'd like sources for both Edge and Gamezone pls.

I really don't understand why Play Magazine is considered a valid game review publication. They gave Lair the same score they gave Sonic the Hedgehog on PS3 and 360, and if Lair is as bad as Sonic the Hedgehog I would like to request that Factor 5 be banned from ever developing another game (as much as I liked the Rogue Squadron games...)

I'll wait for IGN & GameSpot. I expect it to end up 7.5-8.0 on gamerankings.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
leo-j said:

3 reviewers give it a 5.5/10

Let's quit counting reviewers. I treat this 5.5/10 as a single review. It's obviously biased. Lamers want some attention. Nothing more. Controls are fine. I would prefer classic but this are pretty fair and accurate. 

And again comes my rant about how critics have lost it. No one can agree now. Who''s to trust. And you come back to us, that games. For it's not IGN, EGM or GS who is write. No, they are wrong. Dead wrong. VGchartz and it's community. Oh, their right.

kber81 said:
leo-j said:

3 reviewers give it a 5.5/10

Let's quit counting reviewers. I treat this 5.5/10 as a single review. It's obviously biased. Lamers want some attention. Nothing more. Controls are fine. I would prefer classic but this are pretty fair and accurate.

Why is a 5.5 review biased and a 9.0 review not?

::Continues watching the hilarity of what's more than likely the same fans that laughed at Twilight Princess's 8.8 getting upset over Lair getting a 5.5::

twesterm said:

Why is a 5.5 review biased and a 9.0 review not?

::Continues watching the hilarity of what's more than likely the same fans that laughed at Twilight Princess's 8.8 getting upset over Lair getting a 5.5::

Because it's only one review and there is an abyss between 5.5 and reality. EDITED.

Funny how the SDF would bash the inconsistent (and poor) scoring of Wii reviews as fair - only to defend Lair's poor reviews as "biased"!