By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lair, a different opinion after EGM's review?

kber81 said:
Rath said:

Wait a second, where did you get your reality from kber? The things Sony and Factor 5 have shown you?

My point of view is based on preview in one of polish magazines (5 levels). No control issues. I was talking about it here:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=4890&start=150#end

Any chance of a translated review?

Around the Network
Astrodust said:
Most of you guys have not played this game yet, at least not the finished build. If you hate this game before you've played it, you are being unfair. If you love this game before you've played it, you aren't being reasonable. I will give most games a shot provided they don't get like 3's out of 10. Then it's just a waste of my time and money usually. Unless of course someone I trust says the 3 was out of line. But seriously stop defending or hating this game. In the end I have a feeling this game will be average to some and great to others.

THANK YOU!!!!!

and who the hell trust that 7.5 score from gamepro?.
they state it right at the review that their reviewing an early build....
prolly the same build IGN previewed ?.
the one where controls feel like second nature after 10 mins of gameplay..

"To be fair, the motion sensing is pretty accurate but requiring you to constantly move your hands around while fiddling with buttons over the course of a fairly long game is asking too much. It's unfortunate that the game relies so heavily on a gimmicky feature that no one has been able to get a true grasp of (pun intended)."

Ohh BOO HOO!!!
so its good?. its accurate? then maybe its just cause your just a lazy fat a** cow!!!
seriously how did this guy review wii sports?.
uhhh playing tennis on wii sucks cause you have to move your arms..
i get tired and i keep losing my breath.. that is not how a game is suppose to feel like.. -_- 

soon hell be reviewing betas.....

sigh... alright im calm now.. ^^

anyway EGM said they were gonna explain why they gave it a 5.5 score in august 13.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4, you do realise that personally attacking a reviewer will not change the review right?

@ Astrodust - agreed that hating or loving the game before its released isnt right. However anticipating the game or not is just fine and mainly dictated from reviews.

Rath said:
kber81 said:
Rath said:

Wait a second, where did you get your reality from kber? The things Sony and Factor 5 have shown you?

My point of view is based on preview in one of polish magazines (5 levels). No control issues. I was talking about it here:

It's pretty extensive but they preise graphics, feeling of really big battle and music everywhere they can. Also don't complain about slow motion during ground battles. Some comparison to Shadow of the Collossus (Boss) but the most important information for me is fact controls are pretty easy to pick up and precise when you get used to it. On the very end there is listening about what devs should change or improve and there is nothing about controls. 

For me it's enough to cross EGM review out. 

It kind of sounds like every Wii game review. Some reviewers rate low by bitching about the controls while others love the controls. It just seems like some people want to hate anything dealing with motion controls.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Around the Network
kber81 said:
Rath said:
kber81 said:
Rath said:

It's pretty extensive but they preise graphics, feeling of really big battle and music everywhere they can. Also don't complain about slow motion during ground battles. Some comparison to Shadow of the Collossus (Boss) but the most important information for me is fact controls are pretty easy to pick up and precise when you get used to it. On the very end there is listening about what devs should change or improve and there is nothing about controls.

For me it's enough to cross EGM review out.

Let me ask you this: If the Polish review threw rotten tomatoes at Lair, would you still cross out EGM's review and accept the Polish review as gospel? 

ceres said:
 It just seems like some people want to hate anything dealing with motion controls.

I HATE motion controls ! ! ! but 5.5 - man, it's like Genji 2 or Gundam Target in sight...

Rath said:
iclim4, you do realise that personally attacking a reviewer will not change the review right?

@ Astrodust - agreed that hating or loving the game before its released isnt right. However anticipating the game or not is just fine and mainly dictated from reviews.

i know, its just annoying how he can be considered professional, when he reviews an early build of a game..
and he says it right there that the controls is accurate.. you know ive played long hours of warhawk dogfights and i never got tired from the motion sensing its ridiculous how this guy can get tired from the ps3 controller, the same controller immersion criticized to have a cheap feel because its too light.

this guys review doesnt deserve to be included on the lair scores.. his prolly the only reviewer there that reviewed an early build..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

your mother said:

Let me ask you this: If the Polish review threw rotten tomatoes at Lair, would you still cross out EGM's review and accept the Polish review as gospel?

You meant score it below 5.5? Yes. I would write to Sony to kick lamers from Factor 5 out. I swear ! ! I was really pissed off on Level 5 for screwing this game (you can read some of my earlier posts) but now I feel this review is totally unprofessional. Yes, it's a shame when hyped game sucks but I would never buy or praise it while low scored. Never.

Edit: Tangue, No - > Yes

EDIT2 : 1000 posts

Lair is a 9 for those that get the motion controls, a 5 for those that don't get em.

EGm/1up is NOt a place the gets motion controls, just watch their show its plain as day.