By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lair, a different opinion after EGM's review?

kber81 said:
your mother said:

Let me ask you this: If the Polish review threw rotten tomatoes at Lair, would you still cross out EGM's review and accept the Polish review as gospel?

No. I would write to Sony to kick lamers from Level 5 out. I swear ! ! I was really pissed off on Level 5 for screwing this game (you can read some of my earlier posts) but now I feel this review is totally unprofessional. Yes, it's a shame when hyped game sucks but I would never buy or praise it while low scored. Never.

...but if you write to Sony to kick lamers from Level 5 out, that means you are still accepting the Polish review, since you would be agreeing to their opinions anyhow!

Around the Network
AllAll said:
Lair is a 9 for those that get the motion controls, a 5 for those that don't get em.

EGm/1up is NOt a place the gets motion controls, just watch their show its plain as day.

This very same argument (some get the motion controls, some don't) can be used for every single Wii game review out there that utilizes motion controls!

So... is it something I'm missing, or is the Wii's motion-sensing hate simply unfounded all this time?

your mother said:

...but if you write to Sony to kick lamers from Level 5 out, that means you are still accepting the Polish review, since you would be agreeing to their opinions anyhow!

Sorry. I've edited this post - check it. I didn't understand your question. I would accept review of PSX Extreme even if it would be lower than EGM...

Edit: Factor 5 

Egm sucks thats a fact.

They need to casue controversy to sell their mag.

Eh?... serious question Killzone3.. would you still be saying that if EGM gave Lair a 9?.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
your mother said:
AllAll said:
Lair is a 9 for those that get the motion controls, a 5 for those that don't get em.

EGm/1up is NOt a place the gets motion controls, just watch their show its plain as day.

This very same argument (some get the motion controls, some don't) can be used for every single Wii game review out there that utilizes motion controls!

So... is it something I'm missing, or is the Wii's motion-sensing hate simply unfounded all this time?

But thats what the wii does, they wont whine about a lack of analog stick controls on a wii game.  That would way to retarded.  

One of the complaints about the Lair controls i read from a official review is "it makes you move your arms to much for such a long game"  serioulsy wow.

iclim4 said:
Eh?... serious question Killzone3.. would you still be saying that if EGM gave Lair a 9?.

its egm, i barely know they exist let alone give a rats ass about any of their reviews.

usually go by gamepro ign and gaminformer.

Just a thought - it seems like the complaint is that the motion controls are tacked on. Accurate or not, they don't add anything but unwanted soreness.

"Suck on it" -vgchartz mod

AllAll said:
your mother said:
AllAll said:

But thats what the wii does, they wont whine about a lack of analog stick controls on a wii game. That would way to retarded.

One of the complaints about the Lair controls i read from a official review is "it makes you move your arms to much for such a long game" serioulsy wow.

Isn't that about as retarded as complaining about the PS3's motion controls because it comes with motion control?

The Wii does have an analog stick, you know... 

your mother said:
AllAll said:
your mother said:
AllAll said:

But thats what the wii does, they wont whine about a lack of analog stick controls on a wii game. That would way to retarded.

One of the complaints about the Lair controls i read from a official review is "it makes you move your arms to much for such a long game" serioulsy wow.

Isn't that about as retarded as complaining about the PS3's motion controls because it comes with motion control?

The Wii does have an analog stick, you know...

yet they do, retards to the far left not to the far right lol

wiimote dont.