By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lair, a different opinion after EGM's review?

AllAll said:
your mother said:
AllAll said:
your mother said:
AllAll said:
Lair is a 9 for those that get the motion controls, a 5 for those that don't get em.

EGm/1up is NOt a place the gets motion controls, just watch their show its plain as day.

This very same argument (some get the motion controls, some don't) can be used for every single Wii game review out there that utilizes motion controls!

So... is it something I'm missing, or is the Wii's motion-sensing hate simply unfounded all this time?

But thats what the wii does, they wont whine about a lack of analog stick controls on a wii game. That would way to retarded.

One of the complaints about the Lair controls i read from a official review is "it makes you move your arms to much for such a long game" serioulsy wow.

Isn't that about as retarded as complaining about the PS3's motion controls because it comes with motion control?

The Wii does have an analog stick, you know...

yet they do, retards to the far left not to the far right lol

wiimote dont.

I guess that just means none of these things (lack of this or that) should be an issue at all if the game was properly designed, regardless of which console you play. It's not like Tetris would be a better game if it utilized two thumbsticks, or if it implemented waggle.

But.. "wiimote don't"? The system wasn't designed to have analog on both controllers. That's like taking the piss out of the Sixaxis because it lacks a speaker! 

Around the Network
chavafx said:
so is thise youre killer app ps3 blinded fans?? now what heavenly sword it looks ok but in gameplay wise not really

No need to be insulting or offensive.  Obviously the quality of the game is up for debate, but don't attack people like that.

iclim4 said:
Killzone3 said:
iclim4 said:

and Killzone3 if you barely heard of the magazine before why did you just say "Egm sucks thats a fact"?
and gamepro?... read a few more posts up and youll see why i dont trust them about lair.. i do trust ign though.

egm is 1up, thats why its a fact that they suck.

huh?. i dont quite follow?. im getting an idea that theyre bias against the ps3?. if its not too much trouble can you show me links of other ps3 games they scored?.

Watch their shows, listen to poscasts.   Open mind is not something they have.  Watch their 1upshow 7/11/07 all they do is make excuses for MS shiet conferance while barely even mentioning killzone or GT5 prologue (some of PS3 biggest games).  Had killzone not lived up to expectation they would have spent half the show complaining about it. 

Theres honestly ONE person over there that does not automaticly shiet on anythign if it uses the sixaxis.  And he did not do the Lair review.

chavafx said:
so is thise youre killer app ps3 blinded fans?? now what heavenly sword it looks ok but in gameplay wise not really

Pull the wiimote out of your ass.  Best thing about Heavenly Sword is its gameplay.

Killzone3 said:
iclim4 said:
Killzone3 said:
iclim4 said:

huh?. i dont quite follow?. im getting an idea that theyre bias against the ps3?. if its not too much trouble can you show me links of other ps3 games they scored?.

Watch their shows, listen to poscasts.   Open mind is not something they have.  Watch their 1upshow 7/11/07 all they do is make excuses for MS shiet conferance while barely even mentioning killzone or GT5 prologue (some of PS3 biggest games).  Had killzone not lived up to expectation they would have spent half the show complaining about it. 

Theres honestly ONE person over there that does not automaticly shiet on anythign if it uses the sixaxis.  And he did not do the Lair review.

thats a shame then, considering that a lot of people prolly trust their opinion, its a shame that game critics can become biased..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

wow, now only in this thread we already got two new ideas on how to use the wiimote in a sexual way. fantastic, keep it coming.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

LOL @ claims of 1ups bias

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

AllAll said:
chavafx said:

Pull the wiimote out of your ass. Best thing about Heavenly Sword is its gameplay.

Responding to insults with more insults does not solve anything.

sieanr said:
LOL @ claims of 1ups bias

care to explain?.

p.s. for what its worth, naznatips you should be a mod.
you seem to be taking good care of the forums, so let me say Good Job! ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

@iclim.

As far as I can see they arent biased, its just sony fans trying to discredit their review on lair -.-