By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lair, a different opinion after EGM's review?

Rath said:
Killzone3 said:
Rath said:
@iclim.

As far as I can see they arent biased, its just sony fans trying to discredit their review on lair -.-

Watch the shows people.

Watch them talk about halo3 and killzone2 in the same show and tell me they arent anti PS3, they do their best to defend Halo3 weak showing while they do their best to kill the Killzone hype. Being overly skeptical after the trailer.

They are overly defencive of Halos weak showing, yet overly skeptycal over a Killzones great showing.

Tbh. The first Killzone got 73.2%, Halo got 95.6% and Halo 2 got 94.6%. (numbers from gamerankings)

Can you see why they may be sceptical for KZ2 and not for Halo3?

Also you may not realise this but other people than you have different opinions, just because they dont agree with you doesnt make them biased.

Killzone graphics were far superior yet all they did was talk Halos graphics how they are sooo great looking and stuff like that.

While talking down killzone one guy did nothing buy shoot down killzone to the point of one other dude called him out for beign very picky.  The same fuck that was picky about killzone graphics did nothing but praise halo graphics.

Around the Network
iclim4 said:
sieanr said:
Killzone3 said:
kber81 said:

There is rumor they tested 4 months old build of the game not final product...

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=136834&page=9

Would not surprise me if it was true.

Hell gamespot got busted for turning of features in PS3 games to make the 360 version look better.

Gamestop did no such thing

Of course they Didnt!!! who said they did?.

btw
Gamespot is different from Gamestop ^^

the place that reviews games has a forum did exacly that.

http://www.n4g.com/News-27058.aspx

"""Lair, a different opinion after EGM's review? """

===> Yes, it is always important even more since the score is quite low (about 6) and from 3 testers.

But, be sure if the game get a better score on other review people will just forget the previous score and buy the game.
PS3 still lake of game RIGHT NOW, so Lair could be an interesting way to WAIT for heavenlysword/ratchet/Unchartred.

Time to Work !

@ twesterm )

I really have to wonder what "PS3-fans" you always are talking about. The people over at GT PS3 forums were quite upset ,that Twilight Princess scored so low.

My advice .. if you only pay attention to the haters you will become a hater yourself without even noticing.

egm hein
just one link

TPS - TotalPlayStation (formerly PSX2.com) 01/09/2007 8.5 /10 8.5
Game Almighty 12/22/2006 7 /10 7.0
VicioJuegos [Spain] 12/11/2006 89 /100 8.9
GameSpy.com 12/05/2006 4 /5 8.0
-----> Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM) 12/01/2006 5 /10 5.0
------> Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM) 12/01/2006 5 /10 5.0
Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM) 12/01/2006 7 /10 7.0
Official PlayStation Magazine (OPM) 12/01/2006 3.25 /5 6.5
GameTrailers 11/22/2006 8.5 /10 8.5
Kikizo Games 11/15/2006 8 /10 8.0

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/787/787457/

if you have a psp. try killzone liberation and you will see if this game deserve a 5.

Around the Network
picsouuu said:

if you have a psp. try killzone liberation and you will see if this game deserve a 5.

5 for Killzone Liberation? EGM is a joke. 

kber81 said:
picsouuu said:

5 for Killzone Liberation? EGM is a joke.

Which it wasnt given. They gave it a 5.7.

The metacritic score is 7.7 by the way.

Rath said:

I own this game and I would score it like this:

Single Player - 7.5

Multi Player - 8.5

Overall - 8.0 

kber81 said:
Rath said:

Single Player - 7.5

Multi Player - 8.5

Overall - 8.0

IGN Killzone: Liberation - 9

9.0 Presentation
Top notch visuals, sound and interface. Fine-tuned gameplay.
9.0 Graphics
Everything from the character animation to the environments look fantastic.
8.5 Sound
While the sound effects are irrefutably cool, it would have been nice to have more in terms of actual music.
8.5 Gameplay
A few questionable design choices aside, gameplay is a great example of fine-tuned mechanics.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
The multiplayer modes will not dissapoint action fans, even without the promise of online stuff.

Closing Comments
It seems wherever Liberation can go the extra mile, it does. It delivers on all fronts, from a thoroughly engrossing single-player campaign to an addictive multiplayer component. Liberation also shames most other PSP offerings through its presentation, which blends excellent visuals and sound with a clean and user-friendly interface. It has a few quirks, but in the end, they seem almost negligible. Definitely recommended to fans of the action genre, but also to anyone who dislikes bad games.

Killzone3 said:
kber81 said:
Rath said:

Single Player - 7.5

Multi Player - 8.5

Overall - 8.0

IGN Killzone: Liberation - 9

9.0 Presentation
Top notch visuals, sound and interface. Fine-tuned gameplay.
9.0 Graphics
Everything from the character animation to the environments look fantastic.
8.5 Sound
While the sound effects are irrefutably cool, it would have been nice to have more in terms of actual music.
8.5 Gameplay
A few questionable design choices aside, gameplay is a great example of fine-tuned mechanics.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
The multiplayer modes will not dissapoint action fans, even without the promise of online stuff.

Closing Comments
It seems wherever Liberation can go the extra mile, it does. It delivers on all fronts, from a thoroughly engrossing single-player campaign to an addictive multiplayer component. Liberation also shames most other PSP offerings through its presentation, which blends excellent visuals and sound with a clean and user-friendly interface. It has a few quirks, but in the end, they seem almost negligible. Definitely recommended to fans of the action genre, but also to anyone who dislikes bad games.

Yet EGM isnt IGN, EGM is noted for being somewhat tough on reviews and IGN noted for being somewhat soft. EGM and IGN reviewers have different opinions on different games. 5.7/10 is close enough to 7.7/10 for it not to be a screw up.