By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lair, a different opinion after EGM's review?

It's still a game about flying on a dragon and messing stuff up. Even if everyone gave it bad reviews i'd probably still get it when i get a PS3. Unless someone else makes a better dragon riding game. The only difference is i'd try for used first.

Though... the guy from factor 5 actually responding to it does make me worry.

Around the Network
kber81 said:
Rath said:

Wait a second, where did you get your reality from kber? The things Sony and Factor 5 have shown you?

My point of view is based on preview in one of polish magazines (5 levels). No control issues. I was talking about it here:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=4890&start=150#end

What does PSX stand for in PSX Extreme Magazine anyway?  Gotta know that much at least before i consider one of their reviews since the only PSX magazine I've known of is the US one that was run by Sony.

And after doing research on it... atleast one guy who had his book put into the magazine seems to thing PSX Extreme Magazine means Playstation Extreme Magazine. So yeah... I'll trust them about as much as Nintendo Power until I get some proof to the contrary. Now we just need the US and JPN Playstation Magazines to get behind lair for some nice unbiased reviews!

http://www.lulu.com/tinag

"One update about the Polish PlayStation Extreme magazine article - I was just informed that the articles about my book and ARGs in general did not make it into the March issue as originally planned but will be in April's issue, which will be available on the streets (in Poland and other parts of Europe at least) on April 20th, 2005."

Kasz216 said:

What does PSX stand for in PSX Extreme Magazine anyway? Gotta know that much at least before i consider one of their reviews since the only PSX magazine I've known of is the US one that was run by Sony.

Name is remainder of old good days when PS1 was only vital console in Poland. In these days this magazine was devoted only to PS1. Right now it's the biggest magazine of all console users. It's not biased towards any system. I find reviews solid.

How can I prove it's unbiased? Some Wii's reviews:

Zelda TP : 9

CoD3 : 8 -

MK: Armageddon : 7+

Wii Play: 5+ 

Sonic and the secret rings : 6+

Mario Strikers: Charged Football: 6+ 

Anyway I don't care you accept this magazine or not. I trust them enough. 

If the Edge review score is true it's very good, because if I'm not mistaken Edge is a tough scoring magazine isn't it?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Biased doesn't mean you give one system good reviews and another crappy reviews. That would be a very easy way to get called out on it.

I'd be more interested in how the magazine has ranked other first party and second party PS3 games. Or just bad PS3 games in general.

EGM: Site Statistics Coverage: 3DO, DC, DS, GB, GBA, GBC, GC, GEN, JAG, MOBILE, N64, NEO, NGE, PC, PS, PS2, PS3, PSP, SAT, SCD, SNES, WII, X360, XBOX Last Article: 8/1/2007 Number of All Reviews: 4257 Number of All Other Articles: 4912 Site's Avg Score for All: 6.7 Site's Avg Ratio For All: 67.4% GR Avg Ratio for All titles this site has reviewed: 71.6% Difference: -4.1% Number of All Reviews Higher than the Average: 1381 Number of All Reviews Lower than the Average: 2876 Percentage of All Reviews Higher: 32.4% Average Article Vote for All: 3.5 Stars Total Article Votes for All: 679 Total Hits for All Articles: 75541 Total Traffic sent to site from Reviews, News and Files since 4/27/02: 79464 PLAY UK: Site Statistics Coverage: GC, PS, PS2, PS3, PSP Last Article: 9/1/2007 Number of All Reviews: 1106 Number of All Other Articles: 619 Site's Avg Score for All: 72.6 Site's Avg Ratio For All: 73.1% GR Avg Ratio for All titles this site has reviewed: 72.2% Difference: 0.9% Number of All Reviews Higher than the Average: 676 Number of All Reviews Lower than the Average: 430 Percentage of All Reviews Higher: 61.1% Average Article Vote for All: 4.0 Stars Total Article Votes for All: 5 Total Hits for All Articles: 1084 Total Traffic sent to site from Reviews, News and Files since 4/27/02: 1465 Gamezone Site Statistics Coverage: DC, DS, GBA, GBC, GC, MOBILE, N64, NGE, PC, PS, PS2, PS3, PSP, WII, X360, XBOX Last Article: 7/27/2007 Number of All Reviews: 4463 Number of All Other Articles: 3383 Site's Avg Score for All: 7.7 Site's Avg Ratio For All: 76.6% GR Avg Ratio for All titles this site has reviewed: 70.4% Difference: 6.1% Number of All Reviews Higher than the Average: 3598 Number of All Reviews Lower than the Average: 865 Percentage of All Reviews Higher: 80.6% Average Article Vote for All: 3.8 Stars Total Article Votes for All: 8396 Total Hits for All Articles: 1473273 Total Traffic sent to site from Reviews, News and Files since 4/27/02: 1488037 Edge UK Site Statistics Coverage: DS, GBA, GC, JAG, N64, NGE, PC, PS, PS2, PS3, PSP, WII, X360, XBOX Last Article: 7/1/2007 Number of All Reviews: 777 Number of All Other Articles: 1093 Site's Avg Score for All: 6.3 Site's Avg Ratio For All: 63.2% GR Avg Ratio for All titles this site has reviewed: 75.7% Difference: -12.5% Number of All Reviews Higher than the Average: 81 Number of All Reviews Lower than the Average: 696 Percentage of All Reviews Higher: 10.4% Average Article Vote for All: 3.5 Stars Total Article Votes for All: 25 Total Hits for All Articles: 2640 Total Traffic sent to site from Reviews, News and Files since 4/27/02: 2640 GamePro Site Statistics Coverage: DC, DS, GBA, GBC, GC, GEN, MAC, MOBILE, N64, NEO, NGE, PC, PS, PS2, PS3, PSP, SAT, SCD, SNES, WII, X360, XBOX Last Article: 8/1/2007 Number of All Reviews: 3334 Number of All Other Articles: 5928 Site's Avg Score for All: 4.1 Site's Avg Ratio For All: 77.0% GR Avg Ratio for All titles this site has reviewed: 74.0% Difference: 3.0% Number of All Reviews Higher than the Average: 2153 Number of All Reviews Lower than the Average: 1181 Percentage of All Reviews Higher: 64.6% Average Article Vote for All: 3.5 Stars Total Article Votes for All: 19116 Total Hits for All Articles: 1876561 Total Traffic sent to site from Reviews, News and Files since 4/27/02: 1896951 http://gamerankings.com/itemrankings/sites.asp If you look into the details of each of the sites you'll see some crazy high and low scores for each of these reviewers; all of them have reviewed games at 30% below/above the average review score. All in all, Lair may just be a game that you either love or hate and a wide range of reviews would suggest that.

Kasz216 said:
Biased doesn't mean you give one system good reviews and another crappy reviews. That would be a very easy way to get called out on it.

I'd be more interested in how the magazine has ranked other first party and second party PS3 games. Or just bad PS3 games in general.

Some PS3 reviews...

Resistance Fall of Men : 8+

Motorstorm : 8+

Ridge Racer 7 : 8 

Genji : 5+

NGS : 8+ 

NFS Carbon : 7+

VF5 : 9

Death Jam Icon 6+

GRAW 2 : 9- 

Sonic the Hedgehog : 5+

Rath said:
Killzone3 said:
Rath said:
@iclim.

As far as I can see they arent biased, its just sony fans trying to discredit their review on lair -.-

Watch the shows people.

Watch them talk about halo3 and killzone2 in the same show and tell me they arent anti PS3, they do their best to defend Halo3 weak showing while they do their best to kill the Killzone hype. Being overly skeptical after the trailer.

They are overly defencive of Halos weak showing, yet overly skeptycal over a Killzones great showing.

Tbh. The first Killzone got 73.2%, Halo got 95.6% and Halo 2 got 94.6%. (numbers from gamerankings)

Can you see why they may be sceptical for KZ2 and not for Halo3? 

Also you may not realise this but other people than you have different opinions, just because they dont agree with you doesnt make them biased. 

Why do all the 360 fanboys keep bringing up the first killzone(no offense not calling you a fanboy) there idiots they dont know crud about the game. And when you bring it up they say "The first one sucked and the secound one will suck"...they just dont get it, was the first game nominated for best of e3..more importantly was halo 3 nominated for best of e3..And dont take this as an offense Im just using your post as an example..

mM
Rath said:
kber81 said:
picsouuu said:

if you have a psp. try killzone liberation and you will see if this game deserve a 5.

5 for Killzone Liberation? EGM is a joke.

Which it wasnt given. They gave it a 5.7.

The metacritic score is 7.7 by the way.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Killzone liberation got a 5.7?!?!?!?! Even gamespot gave it an 8.3 dam..that is biased. And ign gave it a 9.0 average dam..

mM