By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lair, a different opinion after EGM's review?

Most of you guys have not played this game yet, at least not the finished build. If you hate this game before you've played it, you are being unfair. If you love this game before you've played it, you aren't being reasonable. I will give most games a shot provided they don't get like 3's out of 10. Then it's just a waste of my time and money usually. Unless of course someone I trust says the 3 was out of line. But seriously stop defending or hating this game. In the end I have a feeling this game will be average to some and great to others.

Around the Network
kber81 said:
twesterm said:

Why is a 5.5 review biased and a 9.0 review not?

::Continues watching the hilarity of what's more than likely the same fans that laughed at Twilight Princess's 8.8 getting upset over Lair getting a 5.5::

Because it's only one review and there is an abyss between 5.5 and reality. Go and wank your wiimote kid...

Right, so everyone pretty much agrees that the 9.0 from Play is worthless, EDGE isn't anywhere near confirmed, Gamepro is reliable but gave it a 7.5, so that leaves you with on real 9.0 review.  I suppose since it's only one review it's biased.  

THOSE BASTARDS!  Why must they plot to overthrow the gaming world by giving a 5.5 game such a high score!
  Before we know it Gamezone is going to become the next big reviewer by getting all this great attention from PS3 fans everywhere.  Reputable reviewers such as IGN, Gamespot, and EGM will never know what hit them.  How can we stop this evil plot!?

And now seriously, saying the EGM review review is biased is just stupid.  They gave a PS2 game the game of the month.  Oh yes, EGM sure hates Sony.  Go be 14 somewhere else. 

kber81 said:
twesterm said:

::Continues watching the hilarity of what's more than likely the same fans that laughed at Twilight Princess's 8.8 getting upset over Lair getting a 5.5::

Because it's only one review and there is an abyss between 5.5 and reality. Go and wank your wiimote kid...

Lets have a look at the three reviews that give it a 9.0.

Gamezone doesnt have a review for lair on their site, I cant find a source anywhere. Play has been pretty much discredited because they gave sonic a 9.0 - a game which has a 43% on GR. Edge has been 'leaked' yet I havent found the leaked review yet so it doesnt really have any credence until Im given a source. 

On the other hand the EGM reviews are well sourced, they are a respected magazine and they have three reviewers who all agreed.

Wait a second, where did you get your reality from kber? The things Sony and Factor 5 have shown you? 

@ twesterm

If you feel better with this silly 5,5 - good for you. Have a nice day. I'm not telling this game is outstanding 10/10 production but 5.5 is a joke. You can trust only this one review because it suits you but reality is different. 

twesterm said:
kber81 said:
twesterm said:

Right, so everyone pretty much agrees that the 9.0 from Play is worthless, EDGE isn't anywhere near confirmed, Gamepro is reliable but gave it a 7.5, so that leaves you with on real 9.0 review. I suppose since it's only one review it's biased.

THOSE BASTARDS! Why must they plot to overthrow the gaming world by giving a 5.5 game such a high score!
Before we know it Gamezone is going to become the next big reviewer by getting all this great attention from PS3 fans everywhere. Reputable reviewers such as IGN, Gamespot, and EGM will never know what hit them. How can we stop this evil plot!?

And now seriously, saying the EGM review review is biased is just stupid. They gave a PS2 game the game of the month. Oh yes, EGM sure hates Sony. Go be 14 somewhere else.

Just thought I would point out that Gamezone hasn't actually reviewed Lair yet (considering it's a website it should be... er... right there) so we can only assume that one is fake.  ::munches on popcorn and refreshes::

Around the Network
kber81 said:

@ twesterm

If you feel better with this silly 5,5 - good for you. Have a nice day. I'm not telling this game is outstanding 10/10 production but 5.5 is a joke. You can trust only this one review because it suits you but reality is different.

But the truth of the matter is there is a 5.5 review, there are people that take reviews to heart, and there are people who will perceive the reality as Lair being a 5.5 game based on nothing more than that one review.

kber81 said:

@ twesterm

Once you find some evidence of this 'reality' come tell us, until then our reality is oh so much more realistic.

Rath said:

Wait a second, where did you get your reality from kber? The things Sony and Factor 5 have shown you?

My point of view is based on preview in one of polish magazines (5 levels). No control issues. I was talking about it here:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=4890&start=150#end

Delete

"Suck on it" -vgchartz mod

kber81 said:

@ twesterm

I personally don't care about the game or what score it received, I'm merely just commenting on two things: 1) when an over hyped Wii game gets a lower expeted score you laugh, when it happens to a PS3 game you cry and 2) why can't you accept a 5.5 review (especially when that's an average score).

All I find funny is that the same fans that mocked TP for getting an 8.8 are now crying because Lair received a 5.5. What's even more funny is that you can't see the humor in that, though I suppose I can understand since you're the one being laughed at.

As for the 5.5 number, that's not a joke, it's an average score and it's what the reviewers felt after playing the game. How can you think it's a joke when you haven't even played the game yet and these people have?