By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I boldly predict that God of War III will be best selling game on PS3 in 09

I heard David Jaffe puts these annoying puzzles in all the GOW games. Plus it's hack n slash, and those games in that genre are never mega-sellers.

I'm doubtful. I fink sales will be between GoW 1 and 2.

So rufly 3 million (close to) ww lifetime for GoWIII.

Around the Network

It won't best SELLING, but it'll arguably be the best GAME on PS3.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Uncharted 2 or Killzone might possibly sell more

Killzone 2 and Call of Duty 5 will outsell it. Hell, Killzone 2 will have been out by at least 6-7 months by the time it hits.

dolemit3 said:

Of course, the big assumption that I make is that Gran Tourismo 5 will not be released in 09. Even if FFXIII will be released in 09, its PS3 sales will be diluted by the sales of the 360 version, and Japanese sales won't make much of a difference.

Here's how the God of War series has done so far:

God of War:

0.02 million in Japan

2.48 million in America

0.71 million in Others

Total: 3.21 million

God of War 2:

0.04 million in Japan

1.6 million in America

0.67 million in Others

Total: 2.31 million

God of War Chains of Olympus:

0.04 million in Japan

0.91 million in America

0.33 million in Others

Total: 1.28 million.

I simply don't see any other title that's high profile enough to beat God of War III.

uh, what do you mean japanese sales wont make a difference?

japan ps3 final fantasy sales= 360 version worldwide. you can bet your ass on that.

Around the Network

The next CoD will blow the doors off GoW3. Not even close.

I'm saving the address of this thread and when 2010 comes I'll post it and start laughing.

why are ppl talking about CoD on this page, its a multiplaform game, of course it will sell more than god of war. but who cares if a multiplaform games outsells a exclusive regardless of wat system you own. besides just cause a game sells doesn't mean its hott. do i have to remind ya of Grand Theft Auto 4? and how overrated that game was

who cares what god of war 3 sells, everyone knows that GT5 is going to be the best selling game next year and it IS coming out in 2009

http://www.gamer.tm/news.php?id=3199&filtr=ps3

like he said, sooner than expected, i say late 2009. all we know is definately 2009.

I boldly predic Wii Music will outsell GoW3!! LTD sales

ugh..who cares?..just buy it and enjoy it..yay! everyone happy