By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why everyone thinks Killzone 2 will be huge?

dolemit3 said:

I know it looks fantastic and stuff, but it's being released after the holidays in one of the "quiet" months so the legs will be non-existants. Plus it's an exclusive on the PS3 and the only PS3 exclusive that did great so far is MGS4 which is a proven quality title, unlike Killzone.

Do you know why ps3 games are not big first because almost all the games are new franshise secodn and the most importat is negative guys like you saying things like that all the time, even if the game scores great negative guys like you even ps3 owners giving negative opinions make people think twice about buying the game, and when the people finaly are convienced to buy the game alrady a lot of people are already leaving the game to play another, games like uncharted, heavenly sword, ratchet and clank even resistance 1 all started slow and now they are all hits. the game do not start well because the negative prees with new IP and the hating media that the us have against the ps3 always supporting 360 first make all the games on the ps3 a longer succes rather than a quick succes. PS3 a;ready have gret gmes but people still thinks the console do not have them because the bad media.

Around the Network

If its accompanied by a price cut, then it will be huge (4-5 million LTD) . Otherwise, I see 2-3 million LTD.

I don't think it will be I just think it can be huge.

I'd guess from 4 years of hype along with the biggest budget in video game history.

Snake612 said:
Killzone 2 is probably one of the most impressive titles I have seen on the Playstation 3. The gameplay is amazing and the storyline really adapts with the game. The graphics are like something I've never seen before. This game has huge potential and high expectations. It will still have some great first week sales.

Ok, Sony fans, newsflash. Saying stuff like this about an upcoming title is unnecessary, even if you believe it. You don't know how this game will turn out anymore than you knew how Resistance 2, Lair, or Haze would turn out, beta, demo, or nothing. Nobody does. Unbiased sources don't know.

You know why you shouldn't hype games that much? Because if that title comes out and sucks, or sells poorly, or even if it isn't a fantastic AAA game, or ANYTHING like that, Sony haters are going to own you. They'll own you hard. They'll own you so hard, you'll be embarassed to bring the game up again.

Now, what do you gain for saying stuff like this? Hype? Hype for a PS3 exclusive? Yeah, there isn't enough of that going on around here. There has never, ever, been a PS3 exclusive that wasn't overhyped in several areas, be them quality, sales, importance, hwmovement ability, graphics, ect.

If, after all this with R2, LBP, and the PS3 in general, you don't understand why it's not a good idea to guarntee a game will be great and sell great, and that it's the best shit since sliced bread, then there is no helping you.

Alan Wake, for instance. I'm really excited about the game. However, I'm not gonna come out and say, "best shit ever, sells like hotcakes" because I don't know if that will be true, and if it is, I gain nothing, if it's not I get OWNED and my favorite consoles suffer for it.

So, why, for God's sake, would you hype, hype, hype another exclusive at this time? Not just hype but now, KZ2 is guarnteed to be better than any other shooter, and it's a console mover...despite being of the same genre, released in a less purchase heavy timeframe, and having less hype.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Since any game that has any hype behind it will get people who say that and it does a snowball effect...then it either goes to the bottom of the hill and the people are happy or with most of the time it hits a rock and all their hype is used against them...

Former something....

leo-j said:
soulsamurai said:

it's a game that beats COD4.....thats why. It is much better then a COD4 and that was the thing that actually beat halo.

like it matters, resistance 2 is a much better game than cod4, and despite WaW lacking the quality game that cod4 was, most of the potential R2 buyers went with cod WaW instead..

Hell no, resistance 2 wasn't better than CoD4. R2 had a run-of-the-mill campaign if there ever was one, and while the online shown equally as bright,, CoD4 has the best campaign in a shooter, EVA.

World at War isn't that bad Leo-J, it has a better campaign than R2, basically. You're just hating. R2 is good, but it's strength lies in its online multiplayer, which is CoD4ish in quality.

I remember when R2 came out and you said it was the best shooter ever, man, that's not even close to true. I definitely think you over-rated the game in that thread, and I think you need to replay CoD4 and R2 with fresh eyes.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Blacksaber said:
Since any game that has any hype behind it will get people who say that and it does a snowball effect...then it either goes to the bottom of the hill and the people are happy or with most of the time it hits a rock and all their hype is used against them...

Yeah, but what's worse is, if the game does as well as promised, it doesn't hurt the potential owners, at all, because it's "only as good as expected."

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Alan Wake, for instance. I'm really excited about the game. However, I'm not gonna come out and say, "best shit ever, sells like hotcakes" because I don't know if that will be true, and if it is, I gain nothing, if it's not I get OWNED and my favorite consoles suffer for it.

But Alan Wake will be the best shit ever and sell like hotcakes.

Slimebeast said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

But Alan Wake will be the best shit ever and sell like hotcakes.

lol, now you're gonna get us AWake fans owned. /smack

NO NO, NO NO NO.