By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why everyone thinks Killzone 2 will be huge?

I know it looks fantastic and stuff, but it's being released after the holidays in one of the "quiet" months so the legs will be non-existants. Plus it's an exclusive on the PS3 and the only PS3 exclusive that did great so far is MGS4 which is a proven quality title, unlike Killzone.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

KZ2 will be huge.

It will definitely do good, but it will never turn a profit being in development for so long

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

dolemit3 said:

I know it looks fantastic and stuff, but it's being released after the holidays in one of the "quiet" months so the legs will be non-existants. Plus it's an exclusive on the PS3 and the only PS3 exclusive that did great so far is MGS4 which is a proven quality title, unlike Killzone.

No competition, no other games people will want to buy, it'll do great.

Username2324 said:
dolemit3 said:

No competition? I seriously doubt it. Halo Wars?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:
Username2324 said:
dolemit3 said:

1 game on a different platform..... Look what just happened with Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2, LittleBigPlanet, Gears of War 2, and Guitar Hero World Tour all being released so close together.

Killzone will be the only big release for the PS3 at that time if I'm not mistaken.

To be completely honest with you...I also expect this game to sell under the expectations of most of the people on this forum.

I'm not saying it will for sure....but if I had to bet, then yeah, overhyped in sales and probably quality.

I'm not trying to hate, but it's just that every other game on the PS3, even MGS4, has been vastly overhyped in sales predictions and importance.

There is gonna come a time when we realize that the PS3 has a different sales pattern for its software, and that no one game is gonna change much of anything for long, this gen, unless that game is Mario Kart.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Username2324 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Username2324 said:
dolemit3 said:

1 game on a different platform..... Look what just happened with Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2, LittleBigPlanet, Gears of War 2, and Guitar Hero World Tour all being released so close together.

Killzone will be the only big release for the PS3 at that time if I'm not mistaken.

Oh yeah, then I totally agree here.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

We also could be in the midst of a very deep recession by the time March rolls around. It could be a very bad time to try to get people to spend money.

its a tossup. Traditionally ps3 fans haven't been that much into shooters particularly. What this might do is steal a few potential 360 buyers, but not many