By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why everyone thinks Killzone 2 will be huge?

Yeah the game's gonna be a million seller. Sure it most likely won't score a 90% or better on Metacritic/Gamerankings, but if you like the game and want it, go get it. Don't let reviews stop you.

Around the Network

Kill Zone 2 has taken around 5 years and counting to produce. It was first shown at 2005 E3 show. Kill Zone 2 development costs have escalated to a staggering $70 million and counting.
How many copies does Kill Zone 2 have to sell to break even? 2 million minimum?

numonex said:
Kill Zone 2 has taken around 5 years and counting to produce. It was first shown at 2005 E3 show. Kill Zone 2 development costs have escalated to a staggering $70 million and counting.

Possibly, but why does it matter? Sales don't affect the game's quality...

I expect K2 to be above average in sales, slightly higher than R2. Other than that people have plenty of shooters to try in the market right now without Sony going for 'l33t' in shooters.

Good to see this site is still going 

HALOOOOOOOO said:
numonex said:

Possibly, but why does it matter? Sales don't affect the game's quality...

Shooters are a dime a dozen and both PS3 and X360 have so many shooters on the market. KZ2 beta may be good according to the people who have tested it but we have to wait for the KZ2 reviews to determine whether or not the game lives up to the high expectations.

Around the Network

it's a game that beats COD4.....thats why. It is much better then a COD4 and that was the thing that actually beat halo.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

numonex said:

Uncharted, another game admired for it's graphical beauty and gameplay has, or should I say is going to, sell 2 million. And it didn't have the hype, a beta, or online. It just needs to be a good game.

And we can assume the PS3 userbase will be atleast 20 million by the time it comes out compared to 10 million (?) at Uncharted's launch.

The game will be a success.

The market is saturated with FPS, the thing is picking the ones that stand out, and right now i love the Killzone 2 beta, so i will pick that one up, and i hated Killzone 1... i hope that more people like me try the beta...

Username2324 said:

LittleBigPlanet has done very well, and it will most likely become a million seller next week, which is very impressive considering its a completely new kind of game. Resistance 2 performed good to me, and I expect Europes sales to be quite a bit higher, however I do not understand what happened with Motorstorm 2, only that perhaps it was smothered by other releases.

Anyways, according to this site the attach rate for 360 is considerably higher than the PS3 which explains while PS3 games can sell well, they do not sell millions in a couple weeks (except for a few titles). But I think too many people try to grade the PS3's success off of big hitter 360 games.

I look at sales on a worldwide level, and on a worldwide level, LBP is doing and will continue to do good, Resistance 2 will do good, and hopefully Motorstorm 2 will pick up for the holidays.

Back to the OP Killzone 2, on a worldwide level, will be very successful and I can't believe how many ignorant people there are here who will base the quality of a game on how many it sells in its first week.

No, not quality, importance.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Username2324 said:

LittleBigPlanet has done very well, and it will most likely become a million seller next week, which is very impressive considering its a completely new kind of game.

According to NPD, we were overtracking LBP in the Americas by about 115k, which hasn't been factored in yet. I do expect an adjustment, but I fully expect LBP to reach 1m sooner rather than later.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.