By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Target NOT going blu-ray exclusive

Turns out there was a misconception about the blu-ray exclusiveness for Target.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/28/false-alarm-targets-not-giving-up-on-hd-dvd/

"Turns out they're just installing Blu-ray aisle end caps, thanks to a new promotional deal with Sony, but HD DVD isn't going anywhere."

Should we change the news post about Target & Blu-ray?

Around the Network

Nice find.

It'd be nice if it was updated or something...of course Blu-Ray fans are still going to say it's exclusive at Target...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

They will ONLY sell HDDVD players on their website.The deal means that they will now sell Bluray players in their stores aswell as on their website and the only HDDVD player that is available in their stores is the 360 addon.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

mitsuhide said:
They will ONLY sell HDDVD players on their website.The deal means that they will now sell Bluray players in their stores aswell as on their website and the only HDDVD player that is available in their stores is the 360 addon.

Thats how i understood the Br traget deal to be.  No stand alone hddvd palyers sold in store.  Of course Sony haters will says it means no exclusive deal at target. 

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
It'd be nice if it was updated or something...of course Blu-Ray fans are still going to say it's exclusive at Target...

It's exclusive at target!!!! No matter what you say!!!! Blah blah blah, I cant hear you, blah blah blah!!! lol

mM

Well that's dumb...why don't they just get rid of HD-DVD players totally then...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

They might aswell Toshiba should save their money and back Bluray instead cause it obvious they gonna lose.

/This ISNT sarcasm.

Yeah, I mean...I don't care about either format, but it'd be better for there to be just one...that way when consumers decide they actually want this stuff, there's only one format to worry about.

Unless someone makes a better disc in 3 years...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Maybe everyone and i mean EVERYONE should send a letter to Toshiba sayind give up the HiDef disc wars its over save your money and time.