By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Unpopular prediction #2. The Xbox 360 will outsell the PS3 Q1/Q2 2009.

darthdevidem01 said:
gebx said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Gebx

that doesn't mean he brought it due to the PS logo

it may have had exclusives he liked that weren't available on other computer entertainment & gaming systems

What possible exclusive could that be?? :p <-- joke, I'm teasing

If this was some new member on the forums I probably wouldn't of said anything.. but we're talking about Crazzyman here, don't act like his a victim, the guy is the reason why most people dislike PS3 fanboys. He represents everything wrong with fanboys. The only good thing about Crazzyman that I can say is that he's not a 360 fanboy, cause seriously, I'd probably join the other side.

I know I even told him to just be quiet at the top of this page.

I just thought your post generalized many Ps3 fans as people buying it just for the brand when all we wanted was to say goodbye to snake & his friends!

That was a bonus for me. I personally wanted to fight Dr. Nefarious, plunge a blade into Zeus' heart, *insert Trico reference* and... run around with an ottsel on my shoulder?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
auxerre said:
Skeeuk said:
theres no pricing waggle room left for 360, if ps3 sales can keep up with 360 saless this fal, im sure it will. then price cuts on ps3 in 2009 wll move big numbers. theres more demand for a ps3e than a 360, 360 pre major price cut sales r proof of that.............i predict in 2009 360 will again become stagnanted in demand like it was this year, chuck in a cheaper ps3 compared to this year which wud make it much more affordable.........its a sure winner..................a 249 or a 239 ps3 in the uk would be amazing

Sure there is waggle room for price with the 360. In fact, logically there's more waggle room for them than there is for PS3 since they are not losing money on console sales, while the PS3 still is.

If Sony cuts their price, Microsoft will drop the Arcade to $149 and the Pro to $249. And I would be shocked if we don't see a $99 Arcade by the end of this console life cycle.

---------

And crazyman, it's a bit silly to list every single PS3 exclusive of the quarter but only list two 360 exclusives and say that the PS3 has more.

The real list:

PS3: Resistance 2, LBP, Valkyria Chronicles, SOCOM, Naruto: UNS, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift.

360: Gears 2, Banjo, Fable 2, Last Remnant, Left 4 Dead, Naruto: The Broken Bond, Lips

Looks a lot less uneven now, eh? Also, just as a fun fact, Gears 2 has outsold every game on the PS3's list combined. Even Fable 2 is a measly 82K away from outselling every game on the PS3's list combined. So clearly Halo 3 isn't the only game Xbox fans are buying like "zombies".

100% agree. The major problem with PS3 fans, is that they always think that about their exclusive list and its selling possibilities.
In reality and especially this year we have seen something different, Gears of War 2 outsold everything the PS3 has to offer and 360 is winning the hardware battle.

*Βtw i believe that Killzone 2 will never be the HALO killer game. SONY and its fans always wanted...

eliasg said:
auxerre said:
Skeeuk said:
theres no pricing waggle room left for 360, if ps3 sales can keep up with 360 saless this fal, im sure it will. then price cuts on ps3 in 2009 wll move big numbers. theres more demand for a ps3e than a 360, 360 pre major price cut sales r proof of that.............i predict in 2009 360 will again become stagnanted in demand like it was this year, chuck in a cheaper ps3 compared to this year which wud make it much more affordable.........its a sure winner..................a 249 or a 239 ps3 in the uk would be amazing

Sure there is waggle room for price with the 360. In fact, logically there's more waggle room for them than there is for PS3 since they are not losing money on console sales, while the PS3 still is.

If Sony cuts their price, Microsoft will drop the Arcade to $149 and the Pro to $249. And I would be shocked if we don't see a $99 Arcade by the end of this console life cycle.

---------

And crazyman, it's a bit silly to list every single PS3 exclusive of the quarter but only list two 360 exclusives and say that the PS3 has more.

The real list:

PS3: Resistance 2, LBP, Valkyria Chronicles, SOCOM, Naruto: UNS, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift.

360: Gears 2, Banjo, Fable 2, Last Remnant, Left 4 Dead, Naruto: The Broken Bond, Lips

Looks a lot less uneven now, eh? Also, just as a fun fact, Gears 2 has outsold every game on the PS3's list combined. Even Fable 2 is a measly 82K away from outselling every game on the PS3's list combined. So clearly Halo 3 isn't the only game Xbox fans are buying like "zombies".

100% agree. The major problem with PS3 fans, is that they always think that about their exclusive list and its selling possibilities.
In reality and especially this year we have seen something different, Gears of War 2 outsold everything the PS3 has to offer and 360 is winning the hardware battle.

*Βtw i believe that Killzone 2 will never be the HALO killer game. SONY and its fans always wanted...

You don't need to kill Halo. Halo as an FPS is dead. It died with Bungie's departure.

Besides, wasn't it this site that said CoD4 was a Halo killer? I disagree strongly, but CoD will outlast Halo.

they mean in sales, not quality...

eliasg said:
they mean in sales, not quality...

Well obviously, it's a multiplat!

I believe the 360 version of CoD4 has sold around 6.5 million copies.

Halo 3 has sold 8.2 million copies.

Around the Network

360 will easily outsell PS3 in Q1/Q2 2009.

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

Dgc1808 said:
I think Q1 will work in you're favor Kurk Avatar dude. I'm pulling for PS3 in Q2 though.

Captain Kurk being the protagonist of Star Truck, right?

Anyways a price cut always spikes sales... the question is wether sales fall flat again or a new plateau is reached.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

I'll agree if and only if there's no PS3 WW price drop.

Kantor said:
eliasg said:
auxerre said:
Skeeuk said:

---------

The real list:

You don't need to kill Halo. Halo as an FPS is dead. It died with Bungie's departure.

Besides, wasn't it this site that said CoD4 was a Halo killer? I disagree strongly, but CoD will outlast Halo.

Halo as an FPS is dead? Then this basically is saying Halo as a game is dead, and thus dead = no one plays it.

Wow. I want whatever your smoking. Then again, if its that strong it'll probably kill someone within the week.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

I think Squillam might be right, considering the price of the 360 and overall lower sales in Q1 it might happen. Sonys only hope is a possible price cut.