By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Unpopular prediction #2. The Xbox 360 will outsell the PS3 Q1/Q2 2009.

darthdevidem01 said:
@Gebx

that doesn't mean he brought it due to the PS logo

it may have had exclusives he liked that weren't available on other computer entertainment & gaming systems

What possible exclusive could that be??  :p <-- joke, I'm teasing

If this was some new member on the forums I probably wouldn't of said anything.. but we're talking about Crazzyman here, don't act like his a victim, the guy is the reason why most people dislike PS3 fanboys. He represents everything wrong with fanboys. The only good thing about Crazzyman that I can say is that he's not a 360 fanboy, cause seriously, I'd probably join the other side.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

I disagree. Why Halo: Wars isn't going to be reviewed that highly with Starcraft II coming to be rts of the year across all platforms in 2009. So, places like IGN will only give Halo Wars a review score between 8 and 9.

On the other hand Killzone 2 will be the best selling shooter of the first part of next year. InFamous will sell better than Uncharted 1, and White Knight Chronicles which will be out in March will be this console generation's 1st AAA rpg while The Last Remnant will only receive review scores in the 8.0-8.5 range. Finally, I'm looking for Sony to do a sneak launch of either GT5 or God of War III next March which will carry the PS3 over the top.

Also, Prince of Persia in December will receive better reviews on the PS3 than on the 360, so it will give Sony a strong lift during the latter part of the holiday sales period.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

gebx said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Gebx

that doesn't mean he brought it due to the PS logo

it may have had exclusives he liked that weren't available on other computer entertainment & gaming systems

What possible exclusive could that be?? :p <-- joke, I'm teasing

If this was some new member on the forums I probably wouldn't of said anything.. but we're talking about Crazzyman here, don't act like his a victim, the guy is the reason why most people dislike PS3 fanboys. He represents everything wrong with fanboys. The only good thing about Crazzyman that I can say is that he's not a 360 fanboy, cause seriously, I'd probably join the other side.

I know I even told him to just be quiet at the top of this page.

I just thought your post generalized many Ps3 fans as people buying it just for the brand when all we wanted was to say goodbye to snake & his friends!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

indodude said:
gebx said:

I would like them a lot more if they released a console for less then $400....

It's a bargain considering that a Blu Ray player alone is $300.

I think you mean $179 and falling quickly :)

I'd have some choice words for gebx, but it's wrong to post aggressively to banned people when they can't talk back.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

How long are those 2 banned for?  I am sort of new here and would hate to get banned for a long time over something like this.

Both of them needed to just take a few breaths and think before pushing the post button. 

I would imagine the 360 has a really good shot at winning Q1 and Q2.  People tend to forget that even if Sony does a price drop that M$ will fight back in some fashion without a doubt.  They have been aggressive this generation so far and I don't see them just deciding to bow out at this point.  I mean heck they could stick a copy of Halo 3 or GOW in every console if they wanted as an example.  That alone would sell systems esp.. if they are at $150 range.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

If you look at their profiles (click on the names) it says when their ban expires:  three days from the ban.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

It wouldn't be hard for the 360 to continue outselling the PS3, considering that it's hit a new sweet spot in price, and Sony is unlikely to drop the price for the first half of next year.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Final-Fan said:

If you look at their profiles (click on the names) it says when their ban expires:  three days from the ban.

Doh, thats what I get for not paying much attention.  The info is appreciated, thanks.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

As loathe as I am to agree with some people in this thread, I am going to have to say your prediction is unlikely. Unlike the rest of them though I have no interest in list wars or claiming the PS3 must have more demand because it is clearly the "best" system. The only reason I think it is unlikely is because of how old the 360 is oddly enough. Consoles typically see their peak sales in the third year. That would be this year for the 360, and next year for the PS3. This means 360 sales will start to slip while PS3 sales will rise a bit.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229