By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can ps3 outsell 360 ww any week of remaining 08

@BHR-3

no unless SONY pulls out a price cut....then PS3 will see amazing sales...but that isn't going to happen so no.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Given the momentum the 360 has managed to pull lately, it would seem unlikely.

Recent performance of the PS3 in "Others" and "Japan" would've made this week look like a good chance for them to win World Wide (as Last Remnant isn't out yet in Japan), however I'm pretty sure Gears 2 killed any chance of that.

TRios_Zen said:
Given the momentum the 360 has managed to pull lately, it would seem unlikely.

Recent performance of the PS3 in "Others" and "Japan" would've made this week look like a good chance for them to win World Wide (as Last Remnant isn't out yet in Japan), however I'm pretty sure Gears 2 killed any chance of that.

Good point. We haven't seen anyh PS3 games selling like that ... so even ifthe PS3 install base catchs up..; what is the point ?

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

It will be close in "others" and a draw there will just leave Sony open to the discrepency in the U.S

Unlike before, Europe won't save their numbers and nor will Japan.

Tease.

Mathematically simple Japan is 13% of the global next gen console market, and the market has actually slumped downward year over year down from over seventeen percent at or about this time last year. So you cannot incorporate 40,000 unit leads for Sony this year into Japan. Not that Microsoft is not also doing considerably better year over year.

The other regions comprise 39% of the global next gen console market, but neither competitor has a singular advantage in sales at this point. The price seems to have become a greater factor for at least Europeans. Which effectively cancels out name recognition. With ineffective game sales there is no game on the Sony platform to differentiate the sales to any extreme.

Then there is North America where Microsoft is both the consistent leader in the battle. Where game sales are strong on the platform, and the console has a superior price differential. Last week the 360 scored almost a fifty percent unit sold differential, and if the NPD difference carries over into this month, and the next. Well the 360 probably is doing better then that. At the minimum I think we could see a hundred thousand unit difference in the market that comprises almost half the console market. Even at its best last year the other regions could not offset that kind of margin in favor of Sony.

I think at a minimum we probably cannot expect a Sony lead week until February when a singular title can spike sales in the favor of a manufacturer.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
It all depends on what EU does now.

WKC is coming out too late to affect a lot of the lidays in Japan

WKC will very well affect eary Jan/very late Dec

White knight is 2009 wait thats what my new game informer said but ign says Dec 31 what dose this link say i can read it becuase of my school blocks ign ps3.ign.com/objects/856/856638.html

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

PS3 absolutely cannot outsell the 360 if the Price of a Standalone 360 and a standalone blurayplayer is the same price. No way. Anyone know when that uncharted boundle comes out?

it's possible but given what i have seen recently i can't bet against the 360.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

it's obvious that the ps3 don't stand a chance with the recession. The cheapest system will sell the most...

Only chance is for WKC to boost PS3 in Japan the last week of the year. Remember in Japan the real big boost for Holidays is first 2 weeks of January. Japanese holiday is usually about the 10th of January.

Other than that forget it.

Last year PS3 had $100 price reduction about November 1 and thats why PS3 caught up. This years no PS3 price reduction and 360 had $80 price reduction on Arcade and Premium.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.