By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can ps3 outsell 360 ww any week of remaining 08

i'm not going to comment on it yet but wanted to know wat y'all think

last year around this time is wen the ps3 started to eat the margin it has on the 360, last week's #'s, poor exculsive software sales and recent NPD results show it going down hill compared to the 360. With all it's big gun games been released for the ps3 it has nothing left to fire in terms of exclusive software. It only has RFOM2 for PAL & WKC and a 160g uncharded bundle for US while 360 still has LFD & BK nuts and bolts right around the corner,& it's currently outsell ps3 ww.

In terms of value the 360 got a 100$ price cut on all 3 models from last year and tripled in hd space 4 the pro model 20-60 it still had a 2 game bundle last year. Ps3 inculdes a daulshock3 were as last year owners had to shell out an extra 50-55$ it also doubled in hd space 40-80 and 80-160 one uping the 360 pro features but price remains the same. It also lost something, last years 399 model came with a blu-ray movie thats wen it started to outsell the 360 this year it's yet to be seen

Can ps3 outsell 360 ww any week of the remaining year? if so wat weeks?

Can ps3 make up any ground to 360 for the remaining year or continue to loose wat it had made up earlier this year?

Play Me

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:

i'm not going to comment on it yet but wanted to know wat y'all think

last year around this time is wen the ps3 started to eat the margin it has on the 360, last week's #'s, poor exculsive software sales and recent NPD results show it going down hill compared to the 360. With all it's big gun games been released for the ps3 it has nothing left to fire in terms of exclusive software. It only has RFOM2 for PAL & WKC and a 160g uncharded bundle fo US while 360 still has LFD & BK nuts and bolts right around the corner,& it's currently outsell ps3 ww.

In terms of value the 360 got a 100$ price cut on all 3 models from last year and tripled in hd space 4 the pro model 20-60 it still had a 2 game bundle last year. Ps3 inculdes a daulshock3 were as last year owners had to shell out an extra 50-55$ it also doubled in hd space 40-80 and 80-160 one uping the 360 pro features but price remains the same. It also lost something, last years 399 model came with a blu-ray movie thats wen it started to outsell the 360 this year it's yet to be seen

Can ps3 outsell 360 ww any week of the remaining year? if so wat weeks?

Can ps3 make up any ground to 360 for the remaining year or continue to loose wat it had made up earlier this year?

The way the economy is the lower priced systems are going to sell the most.

We are hitting record fallout's across the board with all companies.

People are talking Depression now, and finally admitting Recession.

Can't really compare this years sales to previous years because the economy really hasn't been this bad for many, many, many, years.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

I doubt it any longer.

but lets see....last year BEFORE numbers were adjusted....PS3 began outselling 360 in December....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I don't think PS stands a chance.

If TLR doesn't have a lasting impact for the Xbox, they might take Japan (there seems to be an increased release schedule there, which should help them keep a steady lead over the Xbox, unless TLR does extremely well).

Europe is a tight one to take, although December sales could see it go towards Sony in the end.

US is a lost cause as it stands, meaning they will have to do extremely well (compared to the xbox) in the other two regions, and as it stands now, they won't be able to offset the lack of sales with these two other regions:

No, they won't probably.

Consumers in America appear to have made their choice and price as always was a big part of it. Sony simply can't compete right now with their price point. Next year Sony can do a price cut and they'll be able to attract more buyers but this christmas is over, the Wii and the 360 will be the big sellers.

Around the Network

TLR is gonna be huge*

*huge, within the context of X360 japan means 200k LTD

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

It all depends on what EU does now.

WKC is coming out too late to affect a lot of the lidays in Japan

WKC will very well affect eary Jan/very late Dec

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

is so obvious 400 is too much, and the ps3 price cut is a now brainer but they cant. so like i have said will have a lot of problems if they stay at 400 for the christmas

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Dont think so.

darthdevidem01 said:
It all depends on what EU does now.

WKC is coming out too late to affect a lot of the lidays in Japan

WKC will very well affect eary Jan/very late Dec

i know WKC is comming out late i just didn't want obsessed people saying u forgot about WKC

so no one thinks ps3>360ww for atleast one week

Play Me