By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can ps3 outsell 360 ww any week of remaining 08

Blu-Ray player sales will drive it up. There are lots of people who want HD this Christmas. I don't know if it'll outsell 360 or not, but it'll help more then any of the games will.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Ries-art said:
By the way, most Europeans prefer a PS3 or Wii. They don't like a crappy American console.

Most Europeans just prefer Wii. As do most people everywhere on Earth, apparently. 360 has been outselling PS3 in Europe recently, as well. Not that that's particularly important — both consoles have been relegated to a distant second place to Nintendo's little, white monster.

LEFT 4 DEAD - November 17th

Ries-art said:
PS3 sales will be good at the end of this year. But not better than 360's. With Sony's 2009 line-up they will even be better in 2009. I think the 360 is going slowly down in 2009. There are no great exclusive games for it next year. Sony has got Killzone 2, Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Infamous, MAG etc etc.

lair, haze

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I'm doubting it....

4 ≈ One

It will not outsell the 360 in the US for the remaining 2008.

For the PS3 to win world wide, strong support is needed from Europe. As of now, I don't suppose this will happen.

Around the Network
Ries-art said:
By the way, most Europeans prefer a PS3 or Wii. They don't like a crappy American console.

I am an ex-sony fanboy and I do....

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

I am thinking 360 will outsell PS3 this christmas by 500k at least, the lower price with the ecomony is going to help MS

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Ries-art said:
PS3 sales will be good at the end of this year. But not better than 360's. With Sony's 2009 line-up they will even be better in 2009. I think the 360 is going slowly down in 2009. There are no great exclusive games for it next year. Sony has got Killzone 2, Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Infamous, MAG etc etc.

Optimistic preductions.... PS3 exclusivities doesn't sell much more than a cross-plateform game compared to the figures of the 360.

I don't think a better line-up will help cause people buy a system for what it does... not what it COULD do (and on that point, PS3 keeps failing at rising up ...).

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

I really don't see it happening. The big story this week was that Germany was in a recession, it being the largest economy in the EU does not bode well the console's strongest market.

im not talking wii, thats a clear winner this time around.  The ps3 runs most of the market in compared to the xbox360 in the rest of the world except north america.  On the other hand north america is the largest market.  So its a toss up.