By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XBox 360 - 40M Units Sold by the End of Next Year!!!

thx1139 said:

So much nonsense in this thread.

• NextBox wont release until 2012 or 2011 at the earliest.
  • In 3 years the 360 has dropped a total of $100 on the Core/Arcade and Premium.
  • Consoles hit prime sales based on price and the 360 just entered the sub $200 range. 
  • 360 had no Halo or Gears as a launch title so claiming NextBox needs one is foolish.
  • MS doesnt invest in a brand new interface for 360 for just one year.
  • Blu-Ray becomes less of a differentiator as Blu-Ray players continue to get cheaper. Kmart will selling a Sony player for $180 Black Friday weekend.

What will happen with 360 in 2009/2010

• 40 Million is possible by eoy next year. Especially if 360 continues its improvement in Japan.
  • I expect Gears 3 in 2010.
  • I expect a new Bungie game in 2009 or at the latest 2010. MS surely has right of first refusal.
  • I expect 1 or 2 new Rare games in 2009.
  • I expect Forza 3 to be nurtured and remain hidden until GT5 is unveiled.
  • Just like in 2007 MS did not make a big deal about 2008 titles until 2008.
  • I expect MS will drop price on 360 another $50 when Sony drops price.  Also expect that because of the cost model of HDD drives they will increase no matter what the price is.

I don't don't expect a price drop next year for Microsoft unless they get the the GPU and CPU on a single chip... a "slim" 360 or whatever is when I expect the next drop... though if Sony drops boy 100 you may see a drop before the holidays from MS... but that's just my opinion...

Around the Network
Cueil said:
Bitmap Frogs said:

It wasn't that long ago that Nintendo market cap was bigger than Sony's... and Ninty has a warchest worth 20billion by now?

with that much money they better put out something f'n amazing for their next console... and why is there not another Zelda out?  20 billion and no new Zelda... come on... remakes at least... Link to the Past is what I vote for

No dice, mate. One of Yamauchi's (former Nintendo Tyrant) rules Iwata is strongly sticking to is that Nintendo should have the largest warchest possible because the inherent instability of the videogame market and Nintendo only making business in said market.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Cueil said:
thx1139 said:

So much nonsense in this thread.

• NextBox wont release until 2012 or 2011 at the earliest.
  • In 3 years the 360 has dropped a total of $100 on the Core/Arcade and Premium.
  • Consoles hit prime sales based on price and the 360 just entered the sub $200 range. 
  • 360 had no Halo or Gears as a launch title so claiming NextBox needs one is foolish.
  • MS doesnt invest in a brand new interface for 360 for just one year.
  • Blu-Ray becomes less of a differentiator as Blu-Ray players continue to get cheaper. Kmart will selling a Sony player for $180 Black Friday weekend.

What will happen with 360 in 2009/2010

• 40 Million is possible by eoy next year. Especially if 360 continues its improvement in Japan.
  • I expect Gears 3 in 2010.
  • I expect a new Bungie game in 2009 or at the latest 2010. MS surely has right of first refusal.
  • I expect 1 or 2 new Rare games in 2009.
  • I expect Forza 3 to be nurtured and remain hidden until GT5 is unveiled.
  • Just like in 2007 MS did not make a big deal about 2008 titles until 2008.
  • I expect MS will drop price on 360 another $50 when Sony drops price.  Also expect that because of the cost model of HDD drives they will increase no matter what the price is.

I don't don't expect a price drop next year for Microsoft unless they get the the GPU and CPU on a single chip... a "slim" 360 or whatever is when I expect the next drop... though if Sony drops boy 100 you may see a drop before the holidays from MS... but that's just my opinion...

I do expect a pricedrop, in or about october, though it may just be the removal of the arcade/core, and the lowering of pro to cores current price and elite to pros current price

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

I say 360 will get to 40 million shipped in fiscal year 2010(quarter ending 2009).

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Talking about sales: Halo1<Halo2<Halo3.... yeah ... you are right, halos best days behind it.

Again, Halo 4 is being made by someone other than Bungie the studio that created the game, so that means it will get lower review scores than the past games. And neither Halo Wars or Halo 3: Recon will come anywhere near Halo 3's sales, so yes I believe that is proof that Halo's best days are behind it. Furthermore the correct order is Halo: Combat Evolved > Halo 2 > Halo 3 game quality wise. Halo: Combat Evolved (solid story driven FPS, the best one ever that wasn't a PC port). Halo 2 (started off well but too much time playing as the Arbiter. The Grunts are too cliched. Story fails to take off after the point where it should). Halo 3 weakest story of the bunch. Graphics failed to really use the capabilities of the 360, so most people refer to them as just Halo HD). Game Rankings scores: Halo: CE 95.4, Halo 2 94.5, Halo 3 93.352.  I predict  Halo Wars review scores won't get out of the 80s (disbanding the team is evidence that Microsoft didn't have much faith in it) and that Recon won't be as highly regarded by the critics as the first three (as it is only going to be a 3 to 5 hour game that doesn't deal with Master Chief and Cortana).

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Around the Network

"360 had no Halo or Gears as a launch title so claiming NextBox needs one is foolish."

This statement can only be made by people that don't know the history of xbox consoles. If you go back to December 2004 when information about the 360 came out, you will see that almost at the exact same time that information on the 360 started to come out information on Halo 3 started to come out as well including the Official XBOX Magazine's first cover picture and story for Halo 3, followed by the first Halo 3 videos on the next issue's demo disk. The only reason that most people bought the 360 in its earliest days and the reason that it was sold out during Holiday '05 was because Halo 3 was going to be on the system. If you watched a program like Entertainment Tonight prior to the release of the 360 when they were talking about Halo parties, all the celebrities featured were saying, "I have to have a 360 now because Halo 3 is going to be on the system in two years."

Microsoft took the extra time between the launch of the 360 to work on bringing the console's price down for the release of Halo 3 and to bring out a new franchise in Gears of War (which debuted on the MTV special prior to E3 2005).

The only game that could create equal fervor for the next XBOX is Gears 3.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

36-38 more likely... so 43-47 lifetime

"MS doesnt invest in a brand new interface for 360 for just one year."

They would if it was actually a beta, demo, or early version of the interface that will be shipped with the nextbox. It would let them see how people liked it. Ie. like a focus group.

Paul_Warren said:
"MS doesnt invest in a brand new interface for 360 for just one year."

They would if it was actually a beta, demo, or early version of the interface that will be shipped with the nextbox. It would let them see how people liked it. Ie. like a focus group.

You are just FUDDING the old "don't buy it, 4 years and it's gone!" meme.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Paul_Warren said:

"In the meantime, Gears of War 2 sells 4 time the cumulated sales of 2 Sony blockbusters ..."

Which is further proof that Gears 3 will be the Halo 3 of XBOX 3. And Gears 3 can't be more than 2 to 3 years off.  All trilogies in the entertainment industry follow the same trend as set by Lucas' original Star Wars trilogy.

Hiiiin wrong again .... trilogy denial :

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=1041

Sorry for this off-topic posting.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.