By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XBox 360 - 40M Units Sold by the End of Next Year!!!

numonex said:
40 million sold could be shipped to retailers by end of 2009. Microsoft count shipped consoles as sold.

well technicly they are sold... in Microsoft's eyes.  Just like if you sold your boat to a used boat lot or whatever... you consider it sold dispite that someone else hasn't bought it from the store.

Around the Network

"I think halo 4 might be the next halo3.."

Impossible. It is not being made by Bungie. Much like Splinter Cell, the Halo series is showing its age and its best days are behind it. See, that puts Gears 3 as the big game for the launch of their next console. Gears has to be because none of their other exclusives are anywhere near big enough to be the lead title of a new console, and I don't think anyone is going to wait 4 years to release a title that is a guaranteed multi-million seller.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Paul_Warren said:

Impossible. It is not being made by Bungie. Much like Splinter Cell, the Halo series is showing its age and its best days are behind it. See, that puts Gears 3 as the big game for the launch of their next console. Gears has to be because none of their other exclusives are anywhere near big enough to be the lead title of a new console, and I don't think anyone is going to wait 4 years to release a title that is a guaranteed multi-million seller.

Gears of War is just asking for a RTS ... f'n begging to have a RTS made of it... f'n Essemblem guys should have been set to that next instead of being broken up.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Um...Nintendo cannot afford Sony. Sony is a multi-billion dollar conglomerate. Thats an insult to anyone who understands at least the fundementals of economy's intelligence.

It wasn't that long ago that Nintendo market cap was bigger than Sony's... and Ninty has a warchest worth 20billion by now?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Um...Nintendo cannot afford Sony. Sony is a multi-billion dollar conglomerate. Thats an insult to anyone who understands at least the fundementals of economy's intelligence.

It wasn't that long ago that Nintendo market cap was bigger than Sony's... and Ninty has a warchest worth 20billion by now?

with that much money they better put out something f'n amazing for their next console... and why is there not another Zelda out?  20 billion and no new Zelda... come on... remakes at least... Link to the Past is what I vote for

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
goddog said:
tuoyo said:
DirtyP2002 said:
kowenicki said:
Did someone here just say that the PS3 could reach 40m by the end of 09? Now that is deluded.... 23million in 13 months!?

I expect the 360 to get to high 30's by end of '09... say 37 or 38 million.

23m / 56 weeks = 411k / week. Well..... wait untill.... Price-cut.... GT... God of war... Teh Cell... Killzone...  ahhhh damn it. It wont happen.

I expect the Xbox 360 to be at 35 million at the end of the year 09.

If I'm not mistaking that is about what Wii has been selling for a yearly average.  So you expect PS3 to achive Wii like sales next year?  Are they being given out for free? 

nintendo will buy sony and bundle ps3s with the wii .... 

You do realise he was joking right (and a very funny joke at that)?  Or were you also joking in your response?  Not so obvious that you were but if you couldn't see that he was joking then I don't know what to say. 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

"Gears of War is just asking for a RTS ... f'n begging to have a RTS made of it... f'n Essemblem guys should have been set to that next instead of being broken up."

It probably would have turned out better than I think Halo Wars is going to. Halo has actually been struggling with Gears to be the top xbox game this gen and I think that has taken its toll on the Halo series. It just doesn't seem as fresh anymore. Now with Gears 3 released in 2010 on the next xbox with a Gears rts to follow in 2012, I think that would leave Gears as still being a game that could have many more viable projects capable of being developed from it than can be from Halo.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Paul_Warren said:

Talking about sales: Halo1<Halo2<Halo3.... yeah ... you are right, halos best days behind it.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Doubt it lol

So much nonsense in this thread.

• NextBox wont release until 2012 or 2011 at the earliest.
  • In 3 years the 360 has dropped a total of $100 on the Core/Arcade and Premium.
  • Consoles hit prime sales based on price and the 360 just entered the sub $200 range. 
  • 360 had no Halo or Gears as a launch title so claiming NextBox needs one is foolish.
  • MS doesnt invest in a brand new interface for 360 for just one year.
  • Blu-Ray becomes less of a differentiator as Blu-Ray players continue to get cheaper. Kmart will selling a Sony player for $180 Black Friday weekend.

What will happen with 360 in 2009/2010

• 40 Million is possible by eoy next year. Especially if 360 continues its improvement in Japan.
  • I expect Gears 3 in 2010.
  • I expect a new Bungie game in 2009 or at the latest 2010. MS surely has right of first refusal.
  • I expect 1 or 2 new Rare games in 2009.
  • I expect Forza 3 to be nurtured and remain hidden until GT5 is unveiled.
  • Just like in 2007 MS did not make a big deal about 2008 titles until 2008.
  • I expect MS will drop price on 360 another $50 when Sony drops price.  Also expect that because of the cost model of HDD drives they will increase no matter what the price is.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.