By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XBox 360 - 40M Units Sold by the End of Next Year!!!

Paul_Warren said:
http://xbox360.ign.com/index/release.html

Go here and look. There is not one exclusive game for the 360 there that has the potential to be a AAA game in 2009. Microsoft has already shifted their development to their next console. They just failed to inform you people of the fact. But this article clearly says that they have:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165235

Oh my god ! Internet gossips !!!!!!

In the meantime, Gears of War 2 sells 4 time the cumulated sales of 2 Sony blockbusters ...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
MikeB said:
@ Oyvoyvoyv

It didn't outsell 360 and Ps3 last quarter. It sold 2.1M, X360 and Ps3 sold 2.5M and 2.8M

PS3 2.43 million units worldwide for the quarter.
360 sold 2.2 million units worldwide for the quarter.

But the PS2 sold 2.5 million. Search through google news for financial reports.

You're talking shipped then, not sold as you originally said.

I am talking about sold to retail, sold by Microsoft and Sony worldwide. I am not talking about estimates (which are often wrong and lacking in terms of worldwide data, especially regarding the PS2).

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

"In the meantime, Gears of War 2 sells 4 time the cumulated sales of 2 Sony blockbusters ..."

Which is further proof that Gears 3 will be the Halo 3 of XBOX 3. And Gears 3 can't be more than 2 to 3 years off.  All trilogies in the entertainment industry follow the same trend as set by Lucas' original Star Wars trilogy.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

40M by the end of 09 appears overly optimistic, but 35 is certainly doable.

Also, lol at MikeB.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Paul_Warren said:

"In the meantime, Gears of War 2 sells 4 time the cumulated sales of 2 Sony blockbusters ..."

Which is further proof that Gears 3 will be the Halo 3 of XBOX 3. And Gears 3 can't be more than 2 to 3 years off.  All trilogies in the entertainment industry follow the same trend as set by Lucas' original Star Wars trilogy.

I'm sure that I read that MS intends to keep the system alive for at least 7 years. That would put Gears 3 in 2010 and not even close to their next console... I expect that if Microsoft keeps it's lead in 2009 that you wont see a system from MS or Sony till 2012.

Around the Network
Paul_Warren said:

I think halo 4 might be the next halo3...

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
30-35k i think. the ps3 could actually make it to 40 million, if sony make the right moves. by right moves i mean DROP THE FUCKING PRICE!!

Wait...you mean to tell me that Sony has a higher chance at making  it to 40 million with a 1 year advantage? My god, does brand bias always have to overrule logic in a Sony fanboys mind?

goddog said:
tuoyo said:
DirtyP2002 said:
kowenicki said:
Did someone here just say that the PS3 could reach 40m by the end of 09? Now that is deluded.... 23million in 13 months!?

I expect the 360 to get to high 30's by end of '09... say 37 or 38 million.

23m / 56 weeks = 411k / week. Well..... wait untill.... Price-cut.... GT... God of war... Teh Cell... Killzone...  ahhhh damn it. It wont happen.

I expect the Xbox 360 to be at 35 million at the end of the year 09.

If I'm not mistaking that is about what Wii has been selling for a yearly average.  So you expect PS3 to achive Wii like sales next year?  Are they being given out for free? 

nintendo will buy sony and bundle ps3s with the wii .... 

Um...Nintendo cannot afford Sony. Sony is a multi-billion dollar conglomerate. Thats an insult to anyone who understands at least the fundementals of economy's intelligence.

Sardauk said:
Paul_Warren said:
http://xbox360.ign.com/index/release.html

Go here and look. There is not one exclusive game for the 360 there that has the potential to be a AAA game in 2009. Microsoft has already shifted their development to their next console. They just failed to inform you people of the fact. But this article clearly says that they have:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165235

Oh my god ! Internet gossips !!!!!!

In the meantime, Gears of War 2 sells 4 time the cumulated sales of 2 Sony blockbusters ...

And lest we forget, Gears 2 wasn't announced until early THIS year.  All these same arguments were made last Christmas.  Let us take a look at how that turned out.

40 million sold could be shipped to retailers by end of 2009. Microsoft count shipped consoles as sold.