By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - why take away online play for the Wii???

3 minutes of research would have gotten you the answers though. This is whining about something you have no clue on. Guitar Hero: World Tour (the fourth main title in the series) already has DLC availble. If none of the reviews mentioned the online play, then why didn't you check the game at any online retailer and check the box? So no, you did not know what you were talking about when you started this thread. You just assumed the worst and started whining about how developers aren't adding online to games that have online already. Next time try using valid examples to prove your point.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Why are there so many console gamers like children. Seriously do many of you guys think that the PC launched with Live, GameSpy, Heat.... nope. Even to this day many games run on completly comercial private service.

This is just more evidence of childish behaviour. "waahhh, they aren't doing it my way. they suck."

console devs are just lazy. It's that cozy niche of knowing what you have to work with. It's sets up a poor unadaptable mentality with console devs. That's why groups like Vicarious Visions get's called in. They are mentally capable of adapting and being smart.

Open you minds and realize the truth. Oh wait never mind....

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

The online play on Nintendo Wii is not very good in games unless they are first party Nintendo games. So the online component of games has been left out in a lot of games and there is also the factor of online predators that Nintendo are aware of the threats. Nintendo are in a way looking after the children who use the Wii by making games offline only.

Take away online features? You must be on drugs man. No company will take away those features if they're already there.

numonex said:

The online play on Nintendo Wii is not very good in games unless they are first party Nintendo games. So the online component of games has been left out in a lot of games and there is also the factor of online predators that Nintendo are aware of the threats. Nintendo are in a way looking after the children who use the Wii by making games offline only.

This is not true at all.  MOH:H2 probably has the best online on the system. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

yeah nintendo is fucking us over wait will you need a friend code for the conduit because that would really fucking suck

nintendo fix the mother fucking problems already

Because they're lazy and ignorant. A good developer can make a good online system on the Wii.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

amp316 said:
numonex said:

This is not true at all.  MOH:H2 probably has the best online on the system. 

I second this

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

MOH:H2 doesn't use Nintendo's online.

Nintendo sets trends and when they don't care too much about online, they're not doing any favors to consumers that want online on Wii since most 3rd parties will think it's not required to sell their games.

3rd party companies have to pay for their own online, or pay another 3rd party company. EA pays for their own servers for the wii's online.

DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.