By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - why take away online play for the Wii???

Why are they taking online play out of games??? I mean there are games I am thinking about buying that I like, but if I buy them for another system like PC it will have online play. Games like Guitar Hero 2 wii might not have DLC. THe other verison will have it, but why not the Wii??? The reason was they were trying to make the size of the new songs smaller? Well why not just let us download the song no matter what size it is. Do not screw us just bc Nintendo does not give us enough harddisk place.

Need for speed undercover I like and with the wii controlers is the best. Well we do not get any online play and what is the point of buying it then. There is no 2 player mode or if there is it sucks in the last version of Need for speed. So like I said what is the point of buying the game.

Quantum of Solace (007) The PS360 have online play, but yet again there is no online multipler mode. THey do not even have like wii connectablity. I mean friends bring there wii with the game and you all play eacother. Nope we just get the game and that is it.

In conclusion why are we getting shafted with online play with games, but they give it to the other systmes. Online play is another part of why games do not sell well with the Wii. If they hate the Wii online system then use your own system and work with the Wii like EA sports did with Madden.

Around the Network

Essentially because Nintendo did an absolutely god awful job with their online strategy. They didn't view it as pertinent and didn't make online gaming a priority. Xbox live, and PSN are both vastly superior online constructs that are easy for developers to take advantage of. The wii has nothing comparable.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Ding ding ding! and the prize goes to Vagabond.

I thought QoS had 8-player online?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Quantum of Solace on wii has online play so does CoD:WW and GH:WT has DLC, they were slow with online but they are improving, Friend codes still sucks though

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

Because they have to put effort to implement it haha. With PS3 and 360 they are simply adding online to a centralized system where all they have to do is follow guidelines. With Wii, it's an open network where it's the dev choice to use any system they want. In words sounds pretty good, but in actuality it just means more time and effort to make it work and implement it, which 3rd party devs on Wii don't like to do anyways haha. So that's probably why. Although companies like EA seem to be using their central system EA Nation such that they can put it in more titles which is good but still NFS series doesn't have it.

Unless the developer's used there own servers(not nintendo's)you will get the thing where it must search for players.

The only reason i like fc's are because they work with people who have a bad connnection, and cannot normally play online.(like me)

Hopefully the conduit will use their own servers.

DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.

@OP I think you mean Rock Band 2, not GH, right? If you prefer conspiracy theories, MTV has a part in Rock Band games, and thus more allegiance to Sony, due to the large control they have on the music industry.

But overall, Vagabond is right. Nintendo doesn't take much consideration into how much their decisions affect american gamers, which are heavily online based gamers. They are trying too hard to protect such a small audience of people from the "evil internet" with the friend codes. I want to log into a game lobby, find someone to play against and get into the game. I dont want to have to add contacts like an IM program. Hell, I don't even know what my Wii friend code is. I haven't bothered.

ly--RolStoppable said:
Essentially because a lot of third parties still think that Wii owners are stupid and buy games regardless. Then their games don't sell well and instead of doing a better job next time, they say that Wii owners don't buy games, yet the attach rate of the Wii is higher than the PS3's.

While the Wii doesn't have an online network like Xbox Live or PSN, it's no valid excuse to not implement working online play in their games as Nintendo and a few third parties have proven. So yes, the reason why the Wii versions don't get some features are arrogant third parties who view Wii owners as second rate costumers.

Exactly--while WaW looks like fun on Wii, and is getting good scores, it's BS that it doesn't get vehicles and only has 8 players.  Halo 2 had 16, with larger maps and vehicles.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Because the Wii hardly needed it, it only make the games fewer and fewer because with online you cant have the singleplayer and the friends/family experience which means you really cant finish the game. You're becoming stuck at that game while there are more added bonus featured to it. You realy cant escape its becoming an addiction thats why till now Blizzard didnt update their Stracraft game and theyre still making money with World of Warcraft. Online games are too addicting for its own good...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg